The Answer Deck - Gain

sunflowr

"Gain" shows a jockey racing his horse, kicking up dust along the way. I get a sense of speed from this card. Things are "gaining up". This was my daily card (along with "inspiration") for today. I am gaining inspiration... or gaining FROM inspiration.. (?). Maybe something I was inspired to do recently, will gain in speed and manifest in my life.. ?

lunakasha

I agree, sunflowr...

It also reminds me of the phrase "godspeed" or wishing someone success. This is a very ACTIVE card...you can almost see the movement in it! I like the way the dust is coming off the horse's feet, and the wind blowing his mane back...again, all conveying movement, speed...racing toward something.

I think that your daily cards (Gain and Inspiration) together indicate that you are on your way toward figuring out a solution to a problem...you are now inspired to take action! :D

:) Luna

Alissa

This card makes me see two things :

Something is gaining on you....

or...

You are attempting to acheive a windfall, a monetary "gain," but perhaps being either reckless or at least unconventional in how you try to achieve this.

Man, my first thought was not $$ cha-ching, it was cha-chased! There's nothing particularly spooky about a teeny little ole horse jockey riding his race horse. But you can't see the ground. All you see is dust and clouds.

Is the rider in the lead? Or is the rider "closing the gap" in order to gain the lead?

And... horse racing and "Gain" recalls monetary gain, winnings. But there is no sign of "winning" here... no finish line, certainly no photo finish, and no trophy or winning laurel. Just the ATTEMPT to gain is shown.

Other cards in the deck clearly show the attainment of a goal, and emphasizes money itself, but this card emphasizes the process of trying to achieve the gain.

Is the querent the one on the horse, racing? Or is someone running against them?

Flight, speed, and swiftness are all implied in the charging horse, the dust clouds, and the jockey's lifted riding posture. These two competitors, horse and jockey, are still in the process of TRYING to gain. They ain't there yet....

Which leads me to one last aside : who really wins? Who really gains? Did the horse do all the work, or did the rider? Or did it take teamwork to get it to happen?

Teamwork, in general, could be implied.

lunakasha

Here is Gain:

Attachments

• gain.jpg
    gain.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 212