Pole Ka tarot

Laura Borealis

I haven't seen any mention of this one on AT. It appears to be a work in progress. I don't know much about the artist Pole Ka, other than she is a Paris-based artist.

The tarot is a Marseilles style and I love it. It's a surreal, morbid-cute style, somehow scratchy and precise at the same time. Just as a warning, some cards are on the gory side, with beheadings, blood, eyes poked out, and so on. There are also a lot of umbilical cords - not sure what's up with that!

Her site: http://poleka.fr/
You can see a lot of cards in her Facebook album here
And a few on her Flickr album here

If Babelfish is translating correctly, it looks like the artist is is looking for a publisher. :)

nicky

These are fantastically gross! Thanks for sharing

Citrin

Wow! I am def not a fan of Marseille but that is... Amazing. And crazy! And wow. :) Very intriguing images.

Laura Borealis

I love all the little details, like how the Roy de Coupe is spinning his cup on his fingertip. Temperance, in pouring from one cup to the other, has taken her eyes off her task and completely missed. Strength is sweating with the effort of holding the beast's mouth. Little things like that. :D

VioletEye

oooh, i like it!
it has a very unique style; cute without being sweet, and morbid without the shock factor. that's a fine line to balance! it almost reminds me a little of edward gorey, he's able to pull off the same vibe.

VGimlet

that is a very interesting deck, for me. I'll be watching to see what happens.

seedcake

I have a very mixed feelings about this deck but definitely can draw attention. I'm kinda curious how it could work. It has this grotesque touch.

Leonora

I love this! Thank you for the links.

daphne

I like it too. Is there a date for release?

Chimera Dust

I love this! Thank you for sharing.

I like it too. Is there a date for release?

I'd love to know this too. I don't suppose there is, since she mentions in a comment on her page that she's looking for a publisher.