LXXXI - The Quareia Magician's Deck

rwcarter

Moderator Note

The thread from the Oracles forum started by aquestionmark has been merged with the thread in the Tarot Decks forum started by Patrick Booker. The Oracles and Decks Mods have discussed it and agreed that the deck has enough of the tarot structure to be considered a tarot deck, so discussion of it should occur here.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Tarot Decks

CassandraR

I couldn't resist....its on its way! :)

Patrick Booker

Just arrived. I will have a better look at it shortly.

Patrick

Patrick Booker

The deck is geared towards questions relating to a path of ritual magic. I like the artwork very much. Will take quite a bit of work to become familiar with the images. It arrived very promptly.

Patrick

delinfrey

Ordered it just few days ago and it has already arrived in Tallinn - prompt indeed! Will pick up from the post office tomorrow. Extremely excited. There is not one thing that I don't like about this deck beforehand, except the border design (and the font). I feel that the images themselves are so powerful, why not just do black borders like the Mary-EL (if borders are necessary in the first place).

Citrin

Whoa! It's funny someone would bring this thread up again now, I ordered it on a whim today! I'm almost feeling regretful already lol I'm not really one who works with magic, but by reading Benebell Wen's review I was really intrigued. I'm really liking the "system", it matches my own beliefs and philosophy quite well! We'll see how I like it lol I'm hopeful. ;)

alainaobrien

Whoa! It's funny someone would bring this thread up again now, I ordered it on a whim today! I'm almost feeling regretful already lol I'm not really one who works with magic, but by reading Benebell Wen's review I was really intrigued. I'm really liking the "system", it matches my own beliefs and philosophy quite well! We'll see how I like it lol I'm hopeful. ;)

Been lurking on this deck as well...... Eager to see how you like it Citrin :)

Citrin

Been lurking on this deck as well...... Eager to see how you like it Citrin :)

Oh just eat noodles instead of real food and study it now with this shopaholic! ;) LOL! I'll let you know... I might just have ordered another deck on a whim. I am just on a (baaaaaad) roll right now! *Hides*

I'm hoping the Quareia will be a unique addition to my collection though. I feel a bit shitty about not intending to use it as the creators intended, but I have some personal ideas for how I want to work with this one and I just can't ignore that... :)

alainaobrien

Oh just eat noodles instead of real food and study it now with this shopaholic! ;) LOL! I'll let you know... I might just have ordered another deck on a whim. I am just on a (baaaaaad) roll right now! *Hides*

I'm hoping the Quareia will be a unique addition to my collection though. I feel a bit shitty about not intending to use it as the creators intended, but I have some personal ideas for how I want to work with this one and I just can't ignore that... :)

hahaha eat noodles instead of real food! i already have a deck or three on the way.....so i'm going to wait a bit for this one hehe (as much as i want to join you on the dark side!).

excited to see how you use it!

Morwenna

Wow! First I've seen of this and I like it! I think it's more of an oracle, but perhaps the Tarot structure is more evident to one who has all the cards in hand. I did see some cards that definitely looked like Tarot, even out of order.

Thinking reeeally hard...