Delta Enduring Tarot

banbha

I love reading about the Strength card.

I hope they offer the booklet as a stretch goal reward or an upgrade. There is so much great information about each card!

BodhiSeed

...the actual imagery in the Death card in this deck will be instantly recognizable to anyone who lives in New Orleans as a Ghost Bike: bicycles that are painted white and displayed as a memorial at traffic intersections or other locations where someone on a bike has been killed in a motor vehicle accident. Many of them are decorated with flowers or beads like the one on the card is. They're common in many other urban areas as well - I've seen several on visits to New York City - but I live in New Orleans and know that they're (alas) especially common here.

More about Ghost Bikes at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_bike

Looks like it reached its funding goal (and then some) today. Hooray!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/762567073/the-delta-enduring-tarot
Thank you for that bit of information Gaston D.; it adds much more meaning to the card. Hurrah for the goal already being reached - that was fast! :party:

lantana

I love reading about the Strength card.

I hope they offer the booklet as a stretch goal reward or an upgrade. There is so much great information about each card!

The creator has said that the website will have all the info for the cards, and that they plan to release a booklet at a later date. I think that being a stretch goal would be a good idea though.

banbha

The creator has said that the website will have all the info for the cards, and that they plan to release a booklet at a later date. I think that being a stretch goal would be a good idea though.

I'm glad they will release a booklet. I'd love to be able to have it with the deck! :)

I think with 36 days to go, Enduring Delta is going to be a very successful kickstarter.

illyria

I've backed this. I saw the cards and immediately pledged for it, without reading through the entire campaign. It's my trigger finger, I swears it. There's just something about it that calls out to me, and I adore exploring tarot through a new creative lens.

BodhiSeed

Got an update on this deck today! :D

Hey Delta Enduring patrons! We have six days to go and the deck is over 300% funded!

As a stretch goal, the deck will now be accompanied by a booklet explaining all of the meanings behind the imagery of the cards!

The four extra cards that will be included in this 84 card tarot deck are unique to the experience of life in the Mississippi Delta, and include:

THE TERMITE SWARM

THE HEAT

THE MARDI GRAS

THE HURRICANE

lantana

The kickstarter has ended! Can't wait for this deck to come out, glad we're getting a guidebook with the deck itself now.