Beautiful indie PoC tarot deck for pre-order!

Siavahda

Are the courts androgynous? This deck is expensive.

I don't know about all the court cards, but you can see the kings and queens of each suit here http://eclaire-de-lune.tumblr.com/post/157428867642/out-of-all-the-cards-in-the-deck-drawing-the The women have breasts but the figures all look very androgynous to me.

Also the average cost of the indie decks I've seen is around $40, so $50 isn't an incredibly outrageous price. Although we don't know what the shipping costs will be like yet.

G6

I don't know about all the court cards, but you can see the kings and queens of each suit here http://eclaire-de-lune.tumblr.com/post/157428867642/out-of-all-the-cards-in-the-deck-drawing-the The women have breasts but the figures all look very androgynous to me.

Also the average cost of the indie decks I've seen is around $40, so $50 isn't an incredibly outrageous price. Although we don't know what the shipping costs will be like yet.

I don't recall the price. Thought it was more 60-70 range. Yeah, looks that way to me too except the king and queen of pentacles both look like women. Well, it's good to mix things up and get people talking. ��

Siavahda

I don't recall the price. Thought it was more 60-70 range. Yeah, looks that way to me too except the king and queen of pentacles both look like women. Well, it's good to mix things up and get people talking. ��

In this post http://eclaire-de-lune.tumblr.com/post/159760749317/hey-everyone-now-that-my-tarot-deck-is-complete she says the deck will be $50 plus shipping. And personally I'm in love with the court cards, what we've seen of them. (Wish we could see the pages and knights too, but I'm already sold.)

gregory

HA that was my message ! Glad to see it paid off; I've emailed to see how bad the postage would be....

rwcarter

My deck arrived last night. For $50 I expected more than a plain white tuck box. There's no title card (so does anyone know WHAT this deck is actually called?) or LWB. The LWB isn't all that necessary since it's a pretty standard RWS clone. But she made enough changes to the cards that it would've been nice to see if those changes affected her interpretation of those cards. I'll have to report back tonight hopefully on the cards themselves. My initial reaction was that the images seem to be a little blurry, but I didn't pay that much attention.

Rodney

Siavahda

My deck arrived last night. For $50 I expected more than a plain white tuck box. There's no title card (so does anyone know WHAT this deck is actually called?) or LWB. The LWB isn't all that necessary since it's a pretty standard RWS clone. But she made enough changes to the cards that it would've been nice to see if those changes affected her interpretation of those cards. I'll have to report back tonight hopefully on the cards themselves. My initial reaction was that the images seem to be a little blurry, but I didn't pay that much attention.

Rodney

Oh no... That doesn't sound so good. Mine is still in the mail, so I guess I'll see for myself when it gets here... But no, I haven't heard anything about a deck name. I think she originally created the deck for her own personal use, so maybe she didn't think it was necessary?

What do the card backs look like?

rwcarter

What do the card backs look like?
A flowery mandala-type design on a chocolate brown background. If she hadn't put "art by e. bogosian" on the backs, they would've been reversible. The same border around the card images appears on the card backs.

The cards themselves are a nice weight. They're not too glossy or flimsy. I'd asked her in email for more details about the cards themselves and this is what she replied:
card size: 2.75 x 4.75 inches

card stock: 300gsm (smooth)

finish: standard playing card finish

The back will be brown with a gold-colored mandala pattern, something purely decorative :)
Rodney

gregory

I have mine now; I am quite happy calling it the Tarot of Erica Bogosian ! As to "tell me about the cards" - as one who created a deck for my own use, and was railroaded into putting it up for sale - let's just say that I am VERY glad no-one asked me that stuff !

I suppose I agree that it could have been a little cheaper. That said,. we don't actually know who printed it for her, and she did just do a small run because we begged her to, after all. Small runs are always pricey.

I wouldn't call the images blurry as such. A few are kind of misty - and I think that is intentional. One thing I will say is that it is unusually racially inclusive, which should make a few people happy :D And yes, nice card stock. Very shuffleable. I don't mind the name on the back but then, I don't use reversals, so reversibility isn't that important to me.

FLizarraga

It's nice, and I particularly like the Native American suit of Cups. It is, however, sort of too expensive for what you get. Like it has been said, she probably couldn't find a cheaper printer, but still.

There is also a lot of white border...