Pagan Otherworlds Lunar Cards?

Magpie3281

I recently purchased the Pagan Otherworlds deck by Uusi and I am in LOVE! The artwork and overall style just resonate with me. An issue I'm having, though, has to do with the extra cards. There are five lunar cards and a new Major Arcana called The Seeker. I'm not sure how to read these? I emailed the company over a week ago but have not heard anything back. I saw that they have a book about the entire deck which I would love to get at some point, but it's really these six cards that I'm wondering about. Can anyone weigh in or point me in the right direction to learn more?

starlightexp

Greetings and welcome to AT :) The extra Lunar cards can be used either with the 78 card deck or on their own for timing. I have had them set off to the side and referred to them when asked a bit more about when something will happen. Also I have had them shuffled into the deck and they come up at random and really and some interesting dimension to the reading. They don't have a meaning for me other then that they show a phase of the moon and relate to that time of the month. The they come up next to a court card they can show when you will meet that person.

As for the Seeker it was meant to be the "title card' of the deck if there was one but it does work well in a reading . If you look up the engraving it is based on it can give you great food for thought about how to work with it in a reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flammarion_engraving

Magpie3281

Thank you for the warm welcome and response! Using the lunar cards for the timing definitely makes sense. I'm new not only to these forums but also to tarot in general so everything has really been a learning experience. :)Also, thank you for sharing the link to that engraving - it certainly does give me a lot to think about!

MissChiff

I like to mix all of the moon cards in the deck, then pick out the card after each of them. That gives me something to think about that might be important at that time. For instance, I might get the death card after the full moon. I may think that I need to end something or that something is ending. Anyway I'm keeping a journal on my progress. I will hopefully have more information in time.

Shade

I think the Moon cards are fun to use in a spread, laying them out in a circle with full moon on top and new moon on the bottom and placing cards between to connect them.

The Seeker I use as a significator rather than shuffled in the deck.

Magpie3281

I like to mix all of the moon cards in the deck, then pick out the card after each of them. That gives me something to think about that might be important at that time. For instance, I might get the death card after the full moon. I may think that I need to end something or that something is ending. Anyway I'm keeping a journal on my progress. I will hopefully have more information in time.

That's a really interesting idea! I will have to try it out! :)

Magpie3281

I think the Moon cards are fun to use in a spread, laying them out in a circle with full moon on top and new moon on the bottom and placing cards between to connect them.

The Seeker I use as a significator rather than shuffled in the deck.

That would be very cool to use for monthly outlooks - thanks for the input!

Tibor

There are 5 lunar cards in the deck but the actual book describes 7 lunar cards (phases). So technically there are two 'missing' cards. I only noticed it last night when I was studying the cards.

csmith0406

There are 5 lunar cards in the deck but the actual book describes 7 lunar cards (phases). So technically there are two 'missing' cards. I only noticed it last night when I was studying the cards.

I think the two missing cards are the half and crescent moon reversed, so depending on orientation you would interpret the card as waxing or waning. That was what I assumed anyway, but if someone else has the missing cards then Uusi owes me two cards! :)