Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

JylliM

I appreciate this so much. Today I am fully aware that every one of us is a star, not that I ever had any doubt. I want to make this the best it can be, for everyone.

Jilli M, there is a step by step instruction on how to do the add on stuff process near the bottom of the page.

Thank you all again, it looks like we are going to meet this goal!

Thanks Babalon. I've changed my pledge amount and emailed you about add ons as a reply to your lovely thankyou message.

rylla

I've got the first :D (deck & book). It was lunch time :)

ETA Congrat MM! :party::party::party: I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it was already funded!

I did an add on on the same day and I must have done something wrong as my original pledge is gone!!!!! No problem, I backed again , LUCKILY the "The Serpent: deck and book" was still available. But it says "not an early bird but a special deal".

I'm just wondering would the deck and book be the same as with those who have the early bird? Thanks!

Babalon Jones

Thank the Gods!
owe you some no-doze LOL

xoxox
N

Sorry for the ungodly, or actually overly godly, hour! It really was the auspicious time though.

Babalon, you deserve it. It's the first time I ever backed a Kickstarter project, and I feel it's been an honour (and very exciting!) to be part of it.

We could see how your deck developed, the painstaking quality of your research, your artistic vision and huge talent, and also your disciplined work. I'm glad you sent out mails so we could prepare beforehand, look at your work and decide whether and how we want to back it - so often I notice only post festum that there was a deck I would have liked to back or buy. Your timing was perfect.

I'm absolutely certain that your deck won't be a seven days wonder. It will become a Classic.

For me, the Thoth was until now a lonely mountain top. I'm aware of many decks in the Thoth tradition, many of them interesting and thought-provoking. But none of them came, for me personally, close to the vision and stringency of the Thoth, my first and favorite deck. Somehow the RWS tradition seems to be easier to follow. There are many very good new decks following the RWS tradition. Thoth somehow seems a harder nut. (That's my very personal opinion, I may be wrong.)

To paint complex, abstract concepts in readable images that tap into the intuitive energy while calling up knowledge about the whole philosohpy behind it - Frieda Harris did it. And you did it, too. Without being derivative. In your totally individual and very impressive, clear artistic style.

From looking at the amazing images you produced, I can imagine that Aleister Crowley himself would have loved your deck. AND used it.

Sorry if this seems like excessive praise. I looked at the images online and that's the conclusion I came to. You deserve success and recognition. You have it, and you'll have more. It gladdens the heart to see it :)

I am truly honored that this was the first Kickstarter you have backed. I have always enjoyed reading your thoughtful, intelligent posts here, which makes your high regard of the work even more meaningful. Thank you so very much.

Thanks Babalon. I've changed my pledge amount and emailed you about add ons as a reply to your lovely thankyou message.

I just emailed you back, and all that add on process went just fine. I do wish Kickstarter had a better method for muliple rewards, but that is what we have. I intend to be very careful during the shipping process to get it all sorted properly. I am happy to say though that on the last Kickstarter I did not mess up a single order, except for one that I forgot to put a free black in white card in so I sent it later. At least, to the best of my knowledge, I didn't mess up, lol. I keep and cross check lists but it does get confusing!

I did an add on on the same day and I must have done something wrong as my original pledge is gone!!!!! No problem, I backed again , LUCKILY the "The Serpent: deck and book" was still available. But it says "not an early bird but a special deal".

I'm just wondering would the deck and book be the same as with those who have the early bird? Thanks!

This does happen and boy it confuses on the creators end too. Until I understood how it can happen that way it was very disturbing to see someone disappear without a trace!

The early birds and the Serpent level are the same, reward wise. Just the 1 or 2 dollar price difference depending on level, to reward the earliest backers which is a Kickstarter tradition. The Serpent level is still a bit lower than the regular price.

Decks number 1-93' plus a few specially picked Thelemic numbers, will have an embossed gold seal on the little white book's cover, but otherwise all decks and books are identical except for the higher priced Babalon edition, which is limited to 156 copies and will have some combo of extra bling, extra cards, and lux touches - all to be determined and announced soon. I am waiting for info from the printing company, samples, and I need to get cracking on completing the extras!

Oh and in case anyone is wondering, on my end I can see what number backer you are but not what number deck you will end up with. That is harder to figure out until the end because many people ordered multiples as either in the reward itself or as add ons. Or they change their pledge before the end. So no good way to tell that! I do intend to try to spread out numbers with the seal to as many people as possible, somehow!

Babalon Jones

Those of you who have been following the creation closely may recall mention of the "secret zodiacal cards". Not many people noticed, but albeit briefly, I mentioned this feature of the minor cards in Book M, last paragraph on page 77, and in the Nox et Lux Kickstarter near the bottom.

Well I'm happy to say they were not just a pipe dream. They are born! And will be happening. So far, of the 12 sun signs, the fire signs are done.

These 12 cards will be included in the special Babalon edition of Tabula Mundi, which is limited to only 156 copies. They will not be part of the regular color edition, the Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus color 78 card edition.

The Fire sign cards can be seen in the Kickstarter update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...colores-arcus-esoteric-thelemic/posts/1639933

Chiska

Awesome spectacular!!! :thumbsup:

(That's when "awesome" or "spectacular" just don't convey the depths of my response to your talent):cool5:

(Yes, I know I'm gushing):bugeyed:

(I can't help it):rolleyes:

Shalyn

Oh man. It's beautiful.

Babalon Jones

I wanted to put a link to this here, because it is very much about the creative process for the 12 extra zodiacal cards that are derived from the minors two through ten of Tabula Mundi, one card for each sign derived from the three minors of the sign. It is neat how there are almost infinite ways to combine them too. So far I've done 10, and for every one of them, I make multiple combinations and choose which one to use as the final card. It's been tough as there are so many valid ways to combine them and they all look good!
I'm struggling to decide which way to go every step of the way...

Here is some of the work on Gemini and Capricorn:

http://www.tabulamundi.com/an-infinity-of-secret-zodiacal-cards/

Babalon Jones

Goodbye AT! What a long strange trip it's been...

daphne

A strange trip with wonderful results!
Thank you for creating such beautiful decks!
Good bye beautiful tarot creator, such a pleasure to meet you!

Nemia

Dear Babalon Jones, it has been a pleasure and an honour to tread the same boards with you ;-)

The exciting journey you and we all had with your miraculous creation is one the highlights of my AT memories. Thank you for that and for the wonderful deck that accompanies me daily!