Fame Indicators in Astrological charts..

Indigo Rose

What are they specific indicators of fame?

dadsnook2000

Fame?

What is fame? For some it is public adulation, for others it is wide spread recognition, for others it is a quick rise to some form of success. For these definitions there can be many astrological indicators -- Moon in the 10th, progressed Venus contacting the Sun, mid-point combinations of Jupiter-Pluto-MC. Politicians have won elections with Saturn in the 10th -- this is very common -- while others win with transiting Jupiter trining the natal Sun.

For "fame" it is more a "re-expression" of the chart's primary features relative to the type of activity and program that is being followed. If the chart has a focus or potential that would or could bring fame, then the progressing-transiting-cyclic chart factors that emphasize and support that potential will be the indicators of achieving fame. Dave.

PS -- note that fame is a choice or a goal. Death is really much more common and probably cannot be equated to fame in terms of specific indicators.

Minderwiz

As Dave says 'fame' is difficult to tie down to a precise definition - as well as the categories he mentions there is also the question of duration - is someone who is in the headlines for a couple of days and then is not heard of again 'famous'? Even if they are, can these two days be deduced from a natal chart or would we need to look at say transits or progressions for the particular period?

Longer term prominance in the public eye is perhaps easier to identify but again the issue comes down to famous for what - career, marriage, friendships, home life ? All would give different indicators.

Indigo Rose

Thanks for the input. I have noted a strange phenomena in that many of the American singing "stars" have Aries sun, or strong Aries placements(both old school and newer stars). This seems to be the most notable sign, and 2nd is Leo, followed by Sagisttarius. I can understand it from a perspective that FIRE signs are action oriented and that while many may have talent, it takes drive and action to turn that talent into a marketable entity.
I just wondered if there is something more that I am not seeing.
Blessings.
Indigo Rose

dadsnook2000

Singers and signs

You may wish to check out the research of Gauquin of France who did astrological research on 100's of thousands of birth charts relative to careers, sports, entertainment and political figures. He found that certain house placements and signs favord certain categories. Dave.

Indigo Rose

Thanks Dave...will do.

Minderwiz

I think there's a typo in Dave's post. He meant to say Gauquelin (Michel and Francoise) who did the research. A good site to get you started is

http://www.cd-b.com/gauquelin_sectors.htm

but there are tons of sites (and books) looking at their work.

Indigo Rose

Thank you Minderwiz for the link.