What is a Tarot "Grandmaster"?

euripides

Oh yes... I'll be something like 'Mistress of the Mis-Aimed Oar" or perhaps "Grand Provider of the Tuppence General"

prudence

oh, I could be "Historical Threadus Interruptus" :D

tmgrl2

jmd said what I think about the whole "grandmaster" thing

Fulgour said it without saying it: He gave a list from one organization that "assigns" the title...

and dadsnook summarized what Fulgour didn't say...

Sure...Mary Greer would by most of us be considered a Grandmaster!

However, that doesn't mean that she keeps company on that list with others of her caliber.

But in and of itself....it means "nothing" to say one is a "Tarot Grandmaster."

I was recently asked to teach a course in Tarot for a large Wellness Center on Long Island....so...

I thought...

Mary Greer?

Terri?

Mary Greer?

Terri?

Ha!! Are they kidding????

If I did "teach" a course...I would have "required reading" which would include literature from those we respect in this field...I would give a small fortune to be able (well not a fortune, but a very substantial amount of money...LOL) to be able to attend a course or lecture by jmd, or umbrae or Robert O'Neill or Mary Greer...and the list goes on!!

terri

AJ

terri's sig poem...

And on that day, for the second time in the history of the world,
humanity will have discovered fire."

...............Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
=============
Humanity will have discovered fire...an named themselves WorldMasters.
Ah, the irony of it...

Arania

sweet_intuition said:
Out of no disrespect to anyone.... Personally, I feel titles like Tarot Grandmaster, make a person seem like some D&D obsessed thirty-year-old, living in his parent's basements, with loads of starwars/trek memorabilia.

I'm offended by this, really. Being a role player, Star Wars and/or Star Trek fan and not able to live alone has nothing to do with making up false titles to fool people into believing they are important.

Arania

The German Tarot Association (not sure what exactly it's called in English) offers those certificates that supposedly show your ability and credibility. The intention behind this is, supposedly, to give clients a better way of chosing their readers. Strangely, all their courses are terribly expensive, they also only seem to follow one "school" and the rules on their board are very strict and wooden. Say something outside the box and you are immediately called to order.

Some big names are gathered around them though, makes me wonder somewhat. I wouldn't think those known people would need yet more money and publicity. Makes me want to ignore what they teach altogether.

Netzach

Arania said:
Some big names are gathered around them though, makes me wonder somewhat. I wouldn't think those known people would need yet more money and publicity. Makes me want to ignore what they teach altogether.

Some time ago on another thread I remember someone saying that some names listed as Grand Masters on one site (in the US, I think) had openly stated that they had nothing to do with the organisation and their names were being used without their approval.

Arania

Yeah I read that. It's bad when someone uses someone else's credit that way :eek:(

On the German site, however, the well known names are the owners.

Lillie

Gayla.

Ok. Let's see..

You are...

The Angelic Grand Mistress of the Mighty Order of the Mystical South.

How about that?

ravenest

Actually I haven't revealed this before but I am actually Tarot Grand ASCENDED Master Ravenest. I rule over all the Tarot Grandmasters.

The problem with ascended masters is, because we are ascended we are no longer here on this plane and if we are here it means we just arrived from a much lower plane.