Shadowscapes study group

hemlock

I just got my deck yesterday & was gutted that the Queen of Pentacles was missing & there were 2 10 of Pentacles!! What makes it worse is the Queen of Pentacles is the card that represents me!
Luckily the company are going to replace the set. So I will be joining you on this forum as well (well, once I come back from holiday!

Kloeyy

Well I got my Border's Rewards 40% off coupon today which lead to the purchase of my deck!! So, I will be excited to join in the discussion on deck.

~Kloeyy

Inkscape

Glad to have you two aboard! Sorry to hear about your troubles, Crow; my best to you and yours.

Sorry for not responding to the new threads recently, everyone. I've been distracted :laugh:

Kloeyy

I have been reading thru the book, (got the box set) and the stories are just awesome! I am really enjoying this deck.

~kloeyy

Kloeyy

Did you get your Queen of Pentacles yet?

hemlock said:
I just got my deck yesterday & was gutted that the Queen of Pentacles was missing & there were 2 10 of Pentacles!! What makes it worse is the Queen of Pentacles is the card that represents me!
Luckily the company are going to replace the set. So I will be joining you on this forum as well (well, once I come back from holiday!

Ana's Song

Having now opened up the deck and had a look at it in the bright light of day, I can definitely say thank goodness Stephanie Law has posted large images of the cards on her website! Far too much detail that can only be absorbed when you stand (sit?) back and look at the card as a whole.

I need to shuffle and perform a 'new deck interview' before I use this deck for any readings I think.

Am definitely not 'clicking' as quickly as I did with the RWS :( but I think Shadowscapes will be a very interesting deck to read visually. I will find out with this month's ISG reading circle at any rate!

Also getting the feeling that I need to devote a fair bit of time studying the deck card by card, and that I will be far more reliant on intuitive readings off the images, even more so than I usually am. This might not be a deck for reversals either as the 'darker' side of the cards are quite obvious if you spend enough time staring at them methinks!

hemlock

Kloeyy said:
Did you get your Queen of Pentacles yet?

I was really lucky that the company I bought the deck off sent me a whole new deck, including the book, free of charge! They were fantastic! So I now have a spare deck (minus Queen of Pentacles of course!) & a spare book - brilliant!

WinterRose

Ooh, I love this deck. I really feel like I connect to thus one more, and that it is encouraging me to really deeply study it.

Inkscape

Ana: The first reading I did with Shadowscapes was a new deck interview :D I got such interesting and positive feedback; I hope you do as well. As far as "clicking" with Shadowscapes goes, I know what you mean... sometimes, I just get a card, like the 3 of Cups. But with others (usually court cards... say, the Knight of Pents), I really have to sit back and think about what it's trying to tell me.

Hemlock: Oh that's great! What a deal ;)

WinterRose: I really like the deck too; which is what's keeping me from reading with it in public. I can just imagine all the horrible things the general public might to do get it all... dirty :bugeyed:

hunter

This is the first time I have been excited about a deck, at the same time it's popular with others :) I'm so glad to see an active study I can join.