'The Esoteric Tarot' by Ronald Decker

Patrick Booker

My order has been cancelled - it appears that the book is not yet available. A publication date of 17th July 2013 is being quoted.

Patrick

inanna_tarot

Not seen much about it, but heard its highly recommended by the likes of Pollack etc so definitely one to watch

Patrick Booker

Got a copy, even though not yet officially published. Read about a third - plenty to interest Marseille users. Very good indeed.

Patrick

Alpha-Omega

My copy got in the other day. Finished the Introduction. So far I love it. It covers subjects which I love to learn about, such as Hermetisicm, Cabala, NeoPlatonism and the such.

Richard

I hope Decker doesn't waste too much space demolishing the Egyptian origins myth, as this was done very effectively by A. E. Waite many years ago in Pictorial Key. The various posts on this page pertain to the Decker book. I find that a dispassionate perspective on new books is an asset to those whose income is somewhat limited. Thereby I decided to save my shekels, but I do look forward to reading discussions and reviews about it.

GnosticTarotCards

Etteilla, occult, kabbalah, esoteric ? Yeah

Bat Chicken

I am by no means an expert, but having read Place, Huson, and O'Neill as well as the first run of JMD's course, I ordered this and the introduction was very interesting. I get the impression this is going to come at tarot influences a little sideways and perhaps raise more good questions.

Hoping there will be more discussion here. I'll keep reading!

jean bosco

Any more comments to the book? Does it help understanding the tarot-card meanings better?