Karen Hamaker Zondag - Tarot as a way of life

jean bosco

I'm reading this book for the 2nd time right now because of its very special approach that I find amazing.

My question now is: Has anybody read this book and could recommend any other books with a similar approach to tarot???

I'm picking up a lot of useful information in this book but it would just be nice to have a second or additional sight on things. And sometimes I wish this one could go just a little bit more into detail. The way she makes the minor akana understandable with her approach to numerology (don't know if it's really numerology, as I'm not firm with it, but it's surely somehow) makes so much sense.

Thanks!

Madrigal

I'm reading this book for the 2nd time right now because of its very special approach that I find amazing.

My question now is: Has anybody read this book and could recommend any other books with a similar approach to tarot???

I'm picking up a lot of useful information in this book but it would just be nice to have a second or additional sight on things. And sometimes I wish this one could go just a little bit more into detail. The way she makes the minor akana understandable with her approach to numerology (don't know if it's really numerology, as I'm not firm with it, but it's surely somehow) makes so much sense.

Thanks!

I haven't read this book but your link sent me to explore it and I ended up buying it. It looks like just the kind of resonant approach I'm after. At this point I'm less interested in the 'this card means this' approach (though that is a valid and important aspect to deepening one's relationship with the cards) and more in a let's look at this card and see what allusions are there and how they/it intersect with the present inner and outer moment.

On the same page is a book called "Jung and Tarot : An Archetypal Journey" by Sallie Nichols. Perhaps that might be of interest to you as it seems similar in scope? I put it in my wish list to look at after I've read "Tarot as a Way of Life."

Thanks again for the link :D

DamianStraton

Did you try 78 Degrees of Wisdom? Great book. There is also The New Tarot Handbook and Tarot Wisdom by the same author, but I like 78 degrees the best.