Tarot Resom

blue_fusion

Thanks again, everyone! :)

I opted to go with the lower left card design (monochrome, borderless). I'm not sure if TGC has fixed their registration issues, so I chose borderless since an off-center cut would look less obvious with it.

The deck does not come with a box. I did some research here on feedback on TGC's services, and noticed that people actually prefer to order their decks without boxes (to save up on costs and because people don't generally use the boxes the cards come with). In any case, TGC does not have an option for a box for their jumbo decks (and even if they did, that would be for a full deck, not a majors-only one). I am, however, including a free printable PDF which has a DIY box design you can cut and glue. :)

blue_fusion

The artwork is just so lovely. Thank you for making it available to everybody via Gamecrafter. I will definitely be purchasing it even though I prefer 78 card decks. But these are just too gorgeous to miss out on (like I did all your other decks :'( )

Do you think you will ever create another 78 card deck? I can't help but hope. :D

I'm currently working on a Marseilles-styled full deck: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=214012 :)

Also, I plan to finish the Tarot Eventide (a full RWS-based deck) this year: http://bluedtoy.blogspot.com/

And I really want to do a deck done in the style of the attached file (an Alice work I did years ago - but this new deck does't have to be an Alice one).

Attachments

• A Dream of Wonderland.jpg
    A Dream of Wonderland.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 119

Alta

I like your Wonderland card too. You certainly can paint in a number of very different styles, impressive.

blue_fusion

I like your Wonderland card too. You certainly can paint in a number of very different styles, impressive.

Thanks. :) I think it's because I was really drawn to the "taxonomy of things" when I was a kid. It started with zoology and then spread to art movements/styles. I tend to try to find the underlying categorization in things. It does not make for a good outlook in life. lol

I had a lot of tarot ideas in the past years, and I did list them down. Was able to start work on a few, but then something or the other got in the way (mostly life), and I just left them aside for moments like this when I get the drive again to hopefully finish them.

Attached is my longest-standing deck-in-progress. The Masque Tarot. I stumbled upon it when I was digging through old backup files earlier today. It has undergone a number or overhauls and is over a decade I think in the making - I remember checking the thread I started here ages ago on it. It was dated 2002.(!) But I don't mind taking time to finish it, as it's somewhat special to me. I still have a lot of the line art - a bit stained because of the big flood we had some years back, but still workable. Thank God I shifted to using alcohol-based technical pens back then.

Attachments

• MASQUE TAROT SAMPLES 2.jpg
    MASQUE TAROT SAMPLES 2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 110

desertrat

I'm currently working on a Marseilles-styled full deck: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=214012 :)

Also, I plan to finish the Tarot Eventide (a full RWS-based deck) this year: http://bluedtoy.blogspot.com/

And I really want to do a deck done in the style of the attached file (an Alice work I did years ago - but this new deck does't have to be an Alice one).

Oh, this is fabulous news. I had not realized the Marseilles style deck you are working on is a full deck. And I was not aware of the Tarot Eventide. Any new deck you create I'm sure will be stunning. I regret starting my tarot collection so late that I missed all of your earlier works (except for the Vanessa, of course). So thrilled that you have once again been inspired to create tarot. :)

Yes, I completely agree.

tarot heart

Is the Resom going to have black or white borders? They look much better with the black borders as the white would take away from all the glorious colors, whereas the black border would draw out the colors. The artwork itself is amazing. You should go with your first instincts. Good luck with all your decks. Thank goodness you didn't decide to go with Printer Studio. Their "linen" finish decks are awful in my opinion, but there are varying opinions. You should get samples to see for yourself. :)

truelighth

Attached is my longest-standing deck-in-progress. The Masque Tarot. I stumbled upon it when I was digging through old backup files earlier today. It has undergone a number or overhauls and is over a decade I think in the making - I remember checking the thread I started here ages ago on it. It was dated 2002.(!) But I don't mind taking time to finish it, as it's somewhat special to me. I still have a lot of the line art - a bit stained because of the big flood we had some years back, but still workable. Thank God I shifted to using alcohol-based technical pens back then.

Oh, I so much would like to see this one finished. This is the deck that made me fall in love with your art in the first place. Although you have so many different styles. I love that, every deck has it's own style and is different. But I still hope you will finish this one day.

And the Eventide... drool, drool! Yes, definitely want to see that one finished. Love the new Marseille images too! So many wonderful cards! :)

blue_fusion

I've posted an ad in the Advertisements section for an "early bird' discount, to anyone interested. ;)

VGimlet

Excellent! Somehow I missed this thread, glad you are back in creation mode, and I will definitely be getting a copy of the new deck. :D