Picatrix Tarot - by La Force

La Force

Well I've I thought heavy, I'm going to do Yep, I am, I used to be a good artist, yes I had a stroke, yes I lost fine motor skills in my drawing hand, but I'm going to do it. My drawings may not be fabulous like other artists have done tarot decks, but maybe it may help my fine motor skills to draw again. So yep, I am doing it.

The Picatrix Tarot, yep I think thats a great idea for me, to do, please let me do this, should it turn out lame, the you may take my idea, but for now let me give it ago. I seriously want to give the a good go, please dont steal my idea or rain on my parade. Like I said should my drawing really suck, and its not a go, write me asking my permission to use my idea, this out of respect and common curtosy. Thank you :)

Thanks

La Force

La Force

I will think over the cards, see which one will inspire me the most to draw, then when its done I'll post it.

Metafizzypop

Great idea! I'd really like to see it.

Alta

Looking forward to seeing your first drawings!

PattyMc

Do it La Force! It's going to be wonderful, get those "lame" thoughts out of your head...don't even think that!

Blessings,
Patty

La Force

Thanks for the Support

Okay, this is what I have decided on how I am going to approach this deck. I would like it to be a fun AT community effort. as in help me find wicked cool images, that you think would really represent the card meaning well.

I will then take a look at what images have been posted, and tack elements and do a compiling of them to create the card. In other words inspiration to fire my Left side of the brain, to work with my right side of the brain, my creative, artist side. but I do need help, I work best with pictures not word, so please post some pics. I will pick a card, then you go hog wild find some pictures, then let me do the rest. make sure to check the pictures copyrights, stock photos for use.

First this is what I don't want in creating this deck.

I know that this Picatrix is Persian, but like I say below, I don't want to follow a theme.

I don't want it themed (fearies, unicorns, cats, gnomes, vampires), or based on any religious traditions (pegan, christian, etc.)

What I do want it to be is really versatile, cultural, a mix of everything. so then it doesn't matter who you are, or what you believe. it will sit with you comfortable well.

On the more negative cards, we can go like really dark, maybe even dark scary, dark fantasy, Like really dark diabolical (heck why not :D ). Then on the positive cards, we could swing it right up most blissful image in the world. like really show the contrast in the cards. the way the pendulum swings. I think you get what I mean. but we need to keep in mind that it would be for young people as well. give it all the dynamics.

sound like fun

La Force

3 of Swords

Okay I have choosen the Three of Swords

This card is first on my hit list, lets find some images that you think would fit this card. Inspire me.

Here is the discription of the card ( Picatrix ) and the meaning

A black man, having a journey of marriage and joy.
This is the face of quiet, joy, abundance of the good life.

Saturn in Libra, the decan of quietness, ease, plenty, good life, comfort, dance.

I was thinking of a Black man at his Wedding reception, dancing with his new wife. like a banquet with food, etc.

or

A black man relaxing in a garden, surrounded by luxury. watching his wife and kids in the distant have fun, with a fancy house.

Post up some pictures of what you would think would represent this card, can be from any era or culture. so I can get started and draw it up.

frejasphere

Your project sounds interesting, I believe that anything that will get the artist in you working, is a good thing. :) I have to say I am not familiar with Picatrix ... when I first read the word, my brain interpreted it as picture tricks - i.e. thing are not always what they seem to be ...

Curious to see how your first drawings are going La Force :)

La Force

Okay I have choosen the Three of Swords

This card is first on my hit list, lets find some images that you think would fit this card. Inspire me.

Here is the discription of the card ( Picatrix ) and the meaning

A black man, having a journey of marriage and joy.
This is the face of quiet, joy, abundance of the good life.

Saturn in Libra, the decan of quietness, ease, plenty, good life, comfort, dance.

Okay I found this image, I would like to know what you all think of this picture.

Attachments

• fb61.jpg
    fb61.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 322