Astrological Reading Methods for Pips

Bernice

NO! Don't slink away.... don't you dare!

Your approach is rich and deep - just have a little go at reading it like the horoscope (which it is) - anti-clockwise.

Must not leave me to take all the tomatoes!

Bee :)

eugim

-just what inconsistent all ...

eugim

frelkins

Bernice said:
Your approach is rich and deep - just have a little go at reading it like the horoscope (which it is) - anti-clockwise.

Must not leave me to take all the tomatoes!

Mel won't throw tomatoes i'm sure. he lives in japan -- maybe he will toss gorgeous silk obi sashes.

But as for the reading - to go the mother's 6th house the way you suggest, brings us to the 9 batons - labor in Mel's parlance - high in batons is better than lower - so she will have much struggle to get better but the outlook doesn't seem so bleak. The future, her 11th house, would be the emperor, the person who makes things real, who governs.

This could be her doctor, which could be good - or alas her late husband, a judge. If her husband, it might suggest to the querent that his worst fears are true, because she has little but the shortest term memory (she often asks for lunch as she can't remember more than 3 or 4 hours back) and is extremely frail.

Melanchollic

Thank you for posting your reading frelkins. Considering that this was your first go at an Astrological spread, using a new and unfamiliar deck, reading a difficult question.

Any method, be it the astrological two-step, the tirage en croix waltz, the celtic cross tango, or the Camoin bugaloo, demands practice.... and a lot of it, so I would worry too much frelkins. No matter what method you use, the more you do it, the better you get..

:heart: M

Melanchollic

frelkins said:
no one, you have to find what works for you:

"For the newcomer, and even for experienced astrologers, the question of which astrological house system to use is a vexed and often complicated one."

http://www.elysian.co.uk/astrologyhousesystems.htm

In my reading I used http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houses.htm just because it was clearly written and seemed easy to follow. I'm largely ignorant of astrology, so . . .I won't pretend otherwise. This source says house 4 is mom, house 10 is dad. :)

The "house systems" (Regiomontanus, Placidus, etc.) discussed on that first link, is about systems that determine where one divides the houses within a chart, not how they are interpreted. Luckily, we don't need to worry about that. :)

I think the last century's 'retread' of house meanings, mothers in the 4th, sex in the 8th, and so on, is based on some 20th century astrologers mistakenly correlating the 12 mundane houses with the 12 celestial houses (the signs). In actuality however, the houses, the signs, and the seven planets are considered (at least up until the 1970's) to be three separate sets of variables, three separate 'rings' that rotate within each other, producing endless variations, acting as the engine of cosmic 'happening', and the 12 mundane houses do not receive their meanings from the celestial houses, nor from the planets which have rulership over the celestial houses (although they are considered "co-significators"). The meanings of the mundane houses are taken from the classical order of the planets themselves.

1st house (the self) = Saturn, ruler of incarnation and material nature.
2nd house (wealth) = Jupiter, ruler of prosperity.
3rd house (brothers) = Mars, ruler of brothers.
4th house (father) = Sun, ruler of fathers.
5th house (pleasure) = Venus, ooh la la...
6th house (servants) = Mercury, ruler of servants.
7th house (partnerships) = Moon, ruler of marriage.
8th house (Death) = Saturn, ruler of boundaries, beginnings and ends.
9th house (God) = Jupiter, ruler of religion.
10th house (career) = Mars, ruler of impulse and conquest.
11th house (friends) = Sun, ruler of friendship.
12th house (self-undoing) = Venus, excesses of pleasure causing downfall.

:CL Cheers
M

frelkins

(sobbing) Gosh Mel I've gone from :heart: to cheers. How can I heal this broken, broken heart?

But seriously, I'll bite on your new house meanings for another reading:
IMG_0180.JPG

Deck: Flornoy Noblet
Sitter: same 60 y.o. Leo male
Issue: What is causing his depression/irritability, & how to fix it?
Layout: Mel's astro style, Knight Swords 1st house

By your new house system, house 1 is the same: the sitter apears to be naturally an impulsive person, prone to enthusiasms he may not think through, rushes where angels fear to tread. I guess health is still house 6? Jodo offers "chronic maladies" for Strength, so I suppose he could have a long-time struggle with such dysthymia. For the mental and "hidden effects" -- the cause -- I guess we would look to house 12?

Excesses? The Ace of Coins. Jodo gives the usual health, wisdom, material success for this and then throws in his little Freud hook as usual with "orgasme complet." Are we going to say this guy is depressed 'cuz he ain't getting any or has a hormonal imbalance in this department?

Should we politely suggest he see an endocrinologist because his problem ain't actually something Prozac can cure? :blush: Do comment Mel, how would you interp this under your new house meanings?

Hooked on TdM

Wow Frelkins, you are brave! Great job! I'm not anywhere near making sense out of all of this yet... *gets out pen to write down more house meanings!*

Hooked

frelkins

thanks hooked, but when you fall off da horse. . . etc.

i also wanna ask mel about the passings of all those other coins and the ace sword.

Hooked on TdM

M, why do the last 5 houses repeat which planet rules them? Are there only 7 planets in total so they have to recycle?

Hooked

Melanchollic

HoT said:
Wow Frelkins, you are brave! Great job! I'm not anywhere near making sense out of all of this yet... *gets out pen to write down more house meanings!*

Indeed. This method is pretty advanced, unless you practice horary or geomancy. If you haven't studied those disciplines it requires a bit of learning. I'm certainly not advocating this as THE method for most people. I enjoy it because of my background in astrology and geomancy, and it fits my 'worldview'.

HoT said:
M, why do the last 5 houses repeat which planet rules them? Are there only 7 planets in total so they have to recycle?

Exactly, the planets just repeat themselves, similar to the way they cycle through the 36 Faces.

frelkins said:
I'll bite on your new house meanings for another reading...

Well, these are not new, but the ones I've always been using. These are the ones that were common from the classical period, and still used by astrologers who stick with the orthodox methods. If anyone wants to use the traditional house meanings, Skyscript's Houses pages are an excellent resource.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

Skyscript gets my vote for the best general astrology sight on the web, though it is mainly from the scholarly angle.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/

Some thoughts about your reading...

...and reading in general.

Always ask the querent questions when doing a reading. If you see the need for an endocrinologist, then ask the querent about it. Getting feedback really helps in pointing the reading in the right direction. Tarot, especially pips, are such 'open-ended' symbols, that each one could represent a great range of things.

frelkins. This is a hard one! Anything could be causing this guy's depression!! Money. Spouse. Children. Illness. Lack of sex. Diet. I'd pick this guy's brain before making any definite judgement.

Some ideas:

• For strictly medical questions, which this may or may not be, there are a lot of specialized methods in astrology for diagnosis. How these would translate into Tarotese, I've yet to consider.

• The 6th may generally be viewed as the unpleasantness' life throws at us, and the 12th, as bad things we do to ourselves, sins, vices, etc..

• The 2nd house can be interpreted as the querent's 'self-esteem'.

Mel Attempt's the Impossible

I basically agree with your take on the querent's card, but only in this context. Swords are bad, knights are willful. He may not usually be so, but maybe he's done something willful that is bothering him.

How's his marriage? Business partners? Fortitude is in the 7th (wives, partners). This could show a need to endure something.

Justice in the 2nd (wealth). Any legal problems involving money?

Batons in the 3rd (sibling, neighbors). Any problems there? Batons in the 4th (property). How's everything there?

Now for the main course,

The querent has 'passed' to the 11th, and the 6th. We should pay special attention to these houses.

The 11th is friends. Any problems there? Furthermore, the 11th as the second from the 10th is the government's money. This would show retirement benefits, Social Security, etc. The Kn. of Batons suggests some minor problems. How are things there?

The 6th is life's general unpleasantness', including illness. The Ace of Swords is not pretty... I'd inquire about the querent's health, it could just be general stress, but maybe there is something more affecting the querent. The Ace of Swords passes to the 'turned' 7th and 8th. These houses rule the reproductive organs, and the organs of excretion. I'd ask if he's had these 'checked' recently. Or if viewed 'unturned' as the 12th and 1st, it could show us the ankles, and the brain.

Justice in the 2nd has a Sword as well. The 2nd house rules diet and food. Perhaps his diet needs better 'balance'.

Judgement

Without specifics this is very hard to judge, but in general I'd say;

• The querent's depression may be caused as a side effect of some other physical problem, and he should have a thorough examination.

• I'd have the querent evaluate his diet.

• I'd also definitely ask about problems with money, especially Social Security, pensions, etc, and legal issues that may be an expense, or that may involve money in some way.

That's about as far as I'd dare go without 'grilling' the querent with tons of questions.

:love: M