Cycle of the Full Moon

Azarial

I've always wanted to create a spread that would incorporate each one of the full moons that we experience during the year. I thought that this would be a good yearly spread since it uses every full moon that we go through in a year. I hope that this spread is one that you will enjoy. I had a lot of fun creating this spread, and I hope that you have just as much fun using it. I call this spread

Cycle of the Full Moon

For the layout, since I apparently can't make circles very well. It has the same layout as a clock would have. So it looks just like a full moon would look. There is no Blue Moon for 2009, so I did not add one into this spread.

**********12*********
*** ****11****1*******
*******10******2*****
*******9*******3*****
*******8*******4*****
********7*****5******
***********6*********

1.) Wolf moon; During the cold and deep snows of midwinter, the wold packs howled hungrily outside Indian villiages. The wolf teaches us to trust our intuition and psychic urges, and to listen to the little voice inside of us. This is something that our intuition is trying to tell us, but we are failing to trust.

2.) Full Snow Moon; The heaviest snow usually falls during the month of this moon. The harsh weather conditions in the areas of the native tribes made hunting very difficult. We will need to conserve our strength, and get ready to brave the storm. This is something that we are going to have to prepare ourselves for in the coming year.

3.) Full Worm Moon; As the temperature begins to warm up, and the frozen ground begins its thaw, the earthworm appears to announce the return of the robins. The earthworm reminds us that no matter how difficult things have been in the past, new growth and new hope are waiting for us. This is a new way in which we will grow as a person this new year.

4.) Full Pink Moon; The name of this full moon comes from a species of ground phlox. It is one of the earliest flowers of the spring. This is something new that will spring to life in our lives over the new year.

5.) Full Flower Moon; During this moon, flowers are abundant everywhere during this time. Which is where the name of this moon comes from. Therefore this moon symbolizes the abundance that will come into our life this year.

6.) Full Strawberry Moon; This moon is named for the strawberry, which comes each year during the month of June. The strawberry symbolizes our sensual desires, and our temptations. This is one who will tempt us during this new year.

7.) Full Buck Moon; July is the month when the new antlers of buck deer push out of thier foreheads. Therefore this moon was named after the buck. The deer teaches us to use our power of gentleness to touch the minds and hearts of those in our lives who most need it. This position shows us what changes we need to make in our life to be more like the deer.

8.) Full Sturgeon Moon; Sturgeon, which is a large fish that inhabits the Great Lakes, and other large bodies of water, were caught most easily during this month. The sturgeon nourished many fishing tribes. With that in mind, this is what we need to do to provide ourselves with nourishment throughout the year.

9.) Full Harvest Moon; This full moon occurs closest to the autumn equinox. At harvests peak, farmers are able to work late into the night by the light of this moon. Many of our gardens harvests are ready for gathering at this time. This is something that we will harvest in the coming year.

10.) Full Hunter's Moon; This is the time of the year where hunters set out to hunt, so that they will have a fresh stock of food to keep them fed over the winter. With the leaves falling from the trees it is easier to obtain our prey. This is something that we need to cut out of our lives.

11.) Full Beaver Moon; This was the time of the year that traps were set to catch beavers before the rivers froze over to collect a supply of winter furs. The beaver teaches us that we must act on our dreams to make them a reality. This is something that is ready for us to act on over this year.

12.) Full Cold Moon; The nights of this month are the longest and darkest of any other night of the year. Many animals hibernate over the winter as well. This is something in our lives that is still hibernating, and is not ready to be woken up yet.

sweet_intuition

This is an amazing spread Azarial. This so totally goes in my favorite spread list!

byrgypsy

I have been wanting a great New Year spread. This one is awesome!!!!

Alisa13

Thirteen Moons

Hello
I like the spread but there are 13 Moons in a Lunar Year. The 13th is sometimes called Arachne or the "Blue Moon". Hence the saying - "once in a blue moon".

Azarial

Thank you for all of the compliments on this spread. I am happy you all enjoy it. :)

Alisa13 said:
Hello
I like the spread but there are 13 Moons in a Lunar Year. The 13th is sometimes called Arachne or the "Blue Moon". Hence the saying - "once in a blue moon".

The reason that the Blue Moon was not included in the spread is because there is no Blue Moon in the year 2009.

Billy-boy

Bravo on this spread. Amazing, interesting and informative all at the same time.
Plus, I've been obsessed with Moon imagery lately. Very apt.
Thank you for this.
Saved!

Alisa13

Lunar Lesson

Hello
There are two full moons in 2009 that occur during the month of December.
Here is a link explaining the lunar cycle. The 13th moon appears every 2.72 years
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_moon

Azarial

Alisa13 said:
Hello
There are two full moons in 2009 that occur during the month of December.
Here is a link explaining the lunar cycle. The 13th moon appears every 2.72 years
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_moon

This is the information that I went on. There is no blue moon for 2009, so that is the reason that I did not add the blue moon to the spread.

For the year 2009, these are the dates of the moons in the northern hemisphere. There are no blue moons in 2009.

December 27 - January 25 → Early Winter moon
January 26 - February 24 → Mid Winter moon
February 25 - March 25 → Late Winter moon
March 26 - April 24 → Early Spring moon
April 25 - May 23 → Mid Spring moon
May 24 - June 21 → Late Spring moon
June 22 - July 21 → Early Summer moon
July 22 - August 19 → Mid Summer moon
August 20 - September 17 → Late Summer moon
September 18 - October 17 → Early Fall moon
October 18 - November 15 → Mid Fall moon
November 16 - December 15 → Late Fall moon

Haunted Wood

I like the idea, wish I could try it but it only works for the northern hemisphere. :( And I don't think some of those moon phases apply to where I live.