Corrine Kenner's Christmas Tarot

Miss Divine

ReginaDiBastoni said:
AJ, it says so on the first page of her website. The book, too. You're not revealing any secrets here.

I only looked at the cards...so for me it was a secret revealed. ;)

Astraea Aurora

It is so lovely. :heart: It will be a total eye catcher these days.

Anyone plan to use both the Angel and one (or both })) of the Kampus cards? I haven't decided yet.

I printed mine 9x13cm (not quite 4x6 inches) which is quite big for tarot cards. :bugeyed: I used heavy drawing paper for it, 190g/square meter, but with this size the cards still came out flimsy. I should have used heavier drawing paper, I'm just not sure if my printer likes it. I will probably have to laminate them in the end.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

AJ

ReginaDiBastoni said:
AJ, it says so on the first page of her website. The book, too. You're not revealing any secrets here.

I wasn't slamming her. I think it is very clever use of the cards. Jimminycrickets....

Morwenna

Lovely! Only I don't have a printer... Well, maybe I'll figure out something. I like the Krampus cards too; it's good to have the actual correspondent to the Tarot card. Otherwise, practically speaking, the deck would read too sweet.

I've wanted a Christmas Tarot for some time. Now, if only there were minors too... :)

Sheri

As a do it yourself "craft" idea, I think it's great, but I don't get what it was that Corrine Kenner actually did that any person here couldn't do. She's taken already existing free images, added titles and then claimed them as her own... Then charges people for a deck that everyone has to actually make themselves.

I am not trying to diss anyone who wants to pay for that...it just seems like anyone could do the same thing for free or with their old Christmas cards or buying their own set of Victorian or other postcards and cutting them to size...already on card stock that way.

I also found it interesting that this showed up only AFTER Janet Boyer announced she and her husband are working on a Christmas Tarot. Hers will have the 78 cards and they are being illustrated by her husband--Ive seen the proposed design for the Moon card and it is going to be a beautiful and spectacular deck.

:love: Sheri

cheekyminx

Sheri said:
As a do it yourself "craft" idea, I think it's great, but I don't get what it was that Corrine Kenner actually did that any person here couldn't do. She's taken already existing free images, added titles and then claimed them as her own... Then charges people for a deck that everyone has to actually make themselves.

I am not trying to diss anyone who wants to pay for that...it just seems like anyone could do the same thing for free or with their old Christmas cards or buying their own set of Victorian or other postcards and cutting them to size...already on card stock that way.

I also found it interesting that this showed up only AFTER Janet Boyer announced she and her husband are working on a Christmas Tarot. Hers will have the 78 cards and they are being illustrated by her husband--Ive seen the proposed design for the Moon card and it is going to be a beautiful and spectacular deck.

:love: Sheri
My thoughts exactly. I was thinking of making a majors only deck using all my Christmas cards, getting a black texta & writing names for them lol

cheekyminx

AJ said:
I wasn't slamming her. I think it is very clever use of the cards. Jimminycrickets....
AJ, you were only stating what was obvious to you & a few of us as well ;) Indeed clever use of cards but something I wouldn't purchase.

Annabelle

*Could* I gather some old cards and use Photoshop or something similar to add borders and titles? Sure . . .

But, choosing the right image for the right card, getting the border just the way I want it, making sure everything was sized correctly, getting the image quality just right, picking a font for the titles, etc. etc. etc. would take a lot of time and thought . . . and I, for one, am glad Corrine Kenner took the time to do all this, so that I have a pretty Christmas-themed set of tarot images to enjoy that I didn't have to personally create.

Plus the price is near to perfect.

iceclone

For the price alone, this is a great deal.

hunter

I don't think I will purchase this set. Christmas isn't a happy time for me. I'm especially thrown off by the tower turning into a church.

But for those of you who like Christmas and church....

Is there a site with 4x6 playing cards that can be printed out as a minor arcana. The Jacks could be printed out twice and marked page or knight.

"Taking the Tarot to heart" pages 256-260 has gift giving suggestions for each card of the major Arcana. Lovers of this deck will certainly want to get that. 1 page of the list can be viewed at google books

http://books.google.com/books?id=6R...+the+tarot+to+heart&cd=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false