Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Redfaery 
Citizen

I wish I'd gotten a Centennial Rider Waite instead of the normal US Games edition in the yellow box. Not sure the Centennial was even out when I got my RWS, though. So there's that.
Top   #751
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryHeather View Post
The one deck I own that I guess I regret is the original Nigel Jackson Tarot.

Beautiful? Yes. Cardstock and finish? Awesome. Size? Just about perfect. So what's the problem?

This deck is the most conceited, pissy, self-absorbed deck I have ever come across. It's like the Anna Wintour of tarot decks.

I have, however, decided to keep it- in a beat up ziplock bag in a drawer separate from the rest of my decks. Every month or so, I take it out and work with it for a few days, and inevitably make the statement, "yep, you're still a bitch", and put it back in the drawer for another month.
for a minute there, i thought you where talking about osho zen.
Top   #752
Citizen

EmpressArwen 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
I know others here love it, but the Tarot Illuminati does absolutely nothing for me. It's like a train wreck of cosmetics and paint; and the feel of them is kind of like thin baseball cards out of a pack of gum... Shoulda saved my money...lol

Michael
This is funny! I initially liked this deck. It read fine for me...but then...I started to hate it. The colors and busyness started to grate on me. I eventually couldn't stand to look at their dumb faces. I kind of wanted to punch them. They were rehomed and I instantly felt better. Weird!

**I will add that my distaste may have been from overuse. I used it constantly for months and then boom! hated it. Probably should have just given it a break but even now a year later, I can't look at the images without feeling angry**
Top   #753
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

Cat people was one i wish i didn't get, because i didn't know the book was a story and the cards suck without a bit of a back ground for each so i know what the writer was thinking about. And the book is a lousy read anyway.

there are some tarot apps i wish i could sell.
Top   #754
Citizen

EmpressArwen 
Citizen

edited
Top   #755
Citizen

nisaba 
Citizen

<darkly> In around forty years of Tarot there has been NO DECK I wished I hadn't bought. There are decks I use less and like less, but they are still a part of the rich tapestry that is my Tarot experience.
Top   #756
Citizen

RiverRunsDeep 
Citizen

Usually, I don't regret any of my deck purchases because I can still learn something from the artwork, or I can at least sell or trade the deck for something I DO want. But....Crow's Magick Tarot....ick! It feels cold and empty and completely devoid of messages. Wishing I had done more research on that one before clicking the "buy" button!
Top   #757
Resident

Electric Maenad 
Resident

The Mutation Tarot. Oddly enough, it's not the thick borders I have a problem with. I just don't know what the hell I was thinking getting a deck where the figures are all insectoid aliens when I have a fairly serious problem with bugs.
Top   #758
Resident

lumen.hilare 
Resident

The Original Rider-Waite. I was hoping to feel good with this deck, but I did not, and it's too late: I opened the packaging. ;__; The colours are terribly done, and even if it was 'original,' the colours are terrible.

Instead, my hope is to buy the Centennial edition in September.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Top   #759
Resident

Lilyfae 
Resident
too sugar coated...

I got the Doreen virtue fairy tarot but I haven't used it much. It's pretty but I don't like how sugar coated it is. Maybe I can get some use out of it in another way besides readings like using for a focus card or in magic or meditation or something.... So I guess I don't really regret getting it but it's not a favorite.
Top   #760

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.