Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Mageshifter

Falcor 
Mageshifter

Hermetic Tarot. It was such a mistake to buy it. Happily it's in better hands now.
Past Life oracle as well, it's beautiful no doubt but I just can't click with it. =[
Top   #761
Citizen

Darkmage 
Citizen

I'm kind of in this camp with the Kabbalistisches Tarot. It's boring as all hell--it'd be great flash cards if I was studying Kabbala, but I'm not. *sigh*

That having been said, it's worth a decent chunk of change which is why I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon. It's not eating anything and stays in its box in my closet.
Top   #762
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

I am happy with all of them.

Although I have experienced some misgivings with a few of my decks, I did not go as far as wishing I have not bought them. I still like them, and I feel they are very much at home in my collection.
Top   #763
Citizen

katey 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryHeather View Post
The one deck I own that I guess I regret is the original Nigel Jackson Tarot.

Beautiful? Yes. Cardstock and finish? Awesome. Size? Just about perfect. So what's the problem?

This deck is the most conceited, pissy, self-absorbed deck I have ever come across. It's like the Anna Wintour of tarot decks.

I have, however, decided to keep it- in a beat up ziplock bag in a drawer separate from the rest of my decks. Every month or so, I take it out and work with it for a few days, and inevitably make the statement, "yep, you're still a bitch", and put it back in the drawer for another month.
OMG This! I just love this description! The Nigel Jackson is one of the decks I have spent the most money on - because it's out of print and I wanted to offer the seller a fair price. I thought it was so beautiful, I love everything about it... and yet, I just don't like it!

I really think it's one of the few decks I genuinely regret, and I think a big part of that is the because it wasn't just a $10 impulse buy. It was an investment I'd researched and planned for, and that I was so excited about.

I've had it since the beginning of the year, and despite my best efforts I still just don't have a good time working with this deck. I've been hesitant to move it on, but just found a reasonable trade here on the trading forums, so I'm going for it - no more space on my shelf for a snotty, superior deck!
Top   #764
Citizen

decan 
Citizen

I have tried Soul Cards. Concerning the cards themselves, their quality, not a bad surprise. But to read them was difficult for me, unclear... So I gave it.

My Achemical Tarot is a bit too complicated for me, nevertheless I like its imagery, but I have never read the cards with it.
Top   #765
Citizen

Achlys 
Citizen

Every single Luis Royo deck.
I have always liked his art. So I ordered the Royo Dark and the Black Tarot that features his artwork.
But reading with them is abysmal. It's like scratching through granite with my bare hands. I just can't do it v.v
Top   #766
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achlys View Post
Every single Luis Royo deck.
I have always liked his art. So I ordered the Royo Dark and the Black Tarot that features his artwork.
But reading with them is abysmal. It's like scratching through granite with my bare hands. I just can't do it v.v
Funny :-) There's just too many ladies! Too many sexy ladies and not enough difference. It's like, well, "There's going to be scantily clad sexy ladies in your future..."
Top   #767
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Owl View Post
Two decks that I currently have in my collection that I wish that my hubby hadn't bought me are the Prediction and The Mythic 1st edition. As soon as I opened them, I realized that just weren't for me. I didn't have either one of these on my wish list, so I guess he just thought I would like them but they don't appeal to me. Sometimes I feel guilty about the fact that they are just sitting in my card cabinet collecting dust. For time to time I think about pulling them off of the shelf and trying to work with them but then I get distracted by another deck that is calling me.

The Oracle of Shadows and Light is on my birthday wishlist this year (the only deck that I put on it!) and I have this funny feeling that he's going to buy me a different deck, one that he thinks I will like but that I will be disappointed in.
thats a shame, i have the aussie edition and want to sell it, its one of the ones i wish i hadn't bought. it didn't click before i even got it out of the box. never used. just looked at it and its in a drawer
Top   #768
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla View Post
Just spent a bit of time going through this thread. Funny how we change. A year ago, I was trying to champion the Osho Zen. Now owning it and working with it is a dim memory...I suddenly realised that some of the cards (swords suit) were having a terrible affect on my self-esteem. I grew quickly to hate it and gave it away.

Regrets:

Tarot of a Moon Garden -- Because I just don't like it and never use it.

Robert Place Buddha Tarot -- Because it's too good a deck to be so ignored and neglected.
ditto
Top   #769
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jema View Post
I usually get rid of decks I don't like pretty fast but keep a few as warning examples to not let the spending-bug get to me.

Alcohol tarot (must have been tipsy when i bought it)
Labyrinth tarot (i don't even like fantasy art)
Lars-Kristian Holmsen Tarot (just make me feel blah)

When I get money for postage I might just give them away to someone else with as poor judgment as mine.
just got the lars and i love it.
Top   #770

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.