The Book of Shadows Tarot

Tarot Fairy

I found some information about this deck on many dutch websites, but not on english sites, what is a bit weird.
It's seems to be a LS deck and has two editions; one will arrive in September (named As above) this year and the other one somewhere in 2013.. (named So Below)
Does anyone has more information about this deck? I love to see images of the cards, I only have found one image so far:

http://www.schors.nl/img/9789063789824a.gif

Le Fanu

In my local tarot shop on Saturday I was flicking through the 2012 LoS catalogue and saw this deck. Looked to be quite a nice deck, dark blue hues and rather swirly (that was my impression). Similar hues to the Celtic Faeries (but not the same artist I don't think)...

I read something about two volumes of book coming out. It must be the 2nd book (presumably "of shadows") which comes out in 2013.

My Michelangelo Tarot came with an extra card which advertised new decks and had an image (probably High Priestess) from this deck.

RiccardoLS

I can conferm a little about the deck(s).

The project is from Barbara Moore, and it took over 3 years to complete.
It is composed by two decks (but it's not mandatory to have both).
The first "as above" is focused on Universal and Divine energies.
The second (early 2013) "so below" is focused on everyday and human experiences.

The decks are Wiccan/Pagan in nature, and they are built to be a mirror to each other.
It's not RWS based (not at first glance, anyway)

There is also a book/kit edition.
(the kit contains the book and the "as above" deck).

Artists for the first deck are: Gregorz Krisinsky, Simone Gabrielli, Pietro Scola di Mambro e Franco Rivolli.
Artists for the second deck are: Sabrina Ariganello and Alessia Pastorello

European release is:
September for "As above" deck, and Kit. March 2013 (tbc) for "So below" deck.

US release is slightly different, as it will be available first only as a Kit edition (because of B&N promotion), and only later the deck only will be made available: September for the Kit, January for the deck only.
(actually it's not the deck release to be delayed, but the kit release to be anticipated).

The kit will also be available in Italian and Russian edition.

The graphic you could see on the LS catalogue is kind lof correct.
One big difference, the cards will not have the 6 languages (as appears on the preview).

riccardo

Le Fanu

It is composed by two decks (but it's not mandatory to have both).
The first "as above" is focused on Universal and Divine energies.
The second (early 2013) "so below" is focused on everyday and human experiences.
Ah, so it's 2 volumes of decks. Sounds fascinating. I shall certainly want both.

Here' a scan of the extra card I got...

Attachments

• shadows.jpg
    shadows.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 603

Carla

Ah, so it's 2 volumes of decks. Sounds fascinating. I shall certainly want both.

Here' a scan of the extra card I got...

Wooooh, that's purdy. I may be interested in these!! :)

Tarot Fairy

Thank you for the info Riccardo, I sounds as a very interesting set. Looking forward to have it in my hands (hmm 6 months of waiting, It's for sure that I will be impatient!)

Thank you so much for the extra scan Le Fanu, it's gorgeous!!

Eyebright

This deck looks lovely, I've been waiting patiently for this one for a little while now, I think if you look through LoS's pics on fb there are a couple of pics :)

Red_Ocean

...One big difference, the cards will not have the 6 languages (as appears on the preview).

riccardo

Pheeew, thank God for this. Those 6 languages text do get so annoying.

Essjay

Ooh - very interested in these. What an intriguing idea.

Rasa

This deck looks really promising! I like the concept of the two decks, and it might be interesting to use them together in a single reading, so that you could compare the 'above and below' aspects of each card.

I really like the art style of what I've seen so far, and can't wait to see more images.

I keep waiting for a Pagan deck to come along that I connect with... maybe this will be the one.
I'm crossing my fingers that it's not full of fairies and gnomes and things.. that's a pet peeve of mine that Pagan decks always seem to stick in a few cards with little winged-things, which I don't really relate to at all.
I'd like to see a Witchy deck that uses Wiccan symbolic concepts and imagery (like the Sabbats/seasonal images; the Triple Goddess and the Horned God/Green Man; and that depicts ritual tools-- but in a way that correlates with the card, not just strewn around as props to make the deck more 'Pagan'. My ideal Pagan deck would eschew Harry Potter-style esthetics, omit unfamiliar world mythology from many cultures mushed together, and avoid overly gothic/Halloween themes... and please nobody wearing ritual robes in the grocery store or office, as I've seen in another deck with a 'contemporary everyday-life as a Pagan' theme!

Here are a couple of images from LS's page on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...90956666.29157.156391951050440&type=3&theater

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...46551_156391951050440_1059240_204620418_n.jpg

I LOVE the idea of Imbolc for the star, and also Ostara for Temperance. Both of those images really convey the feel of the season to me, and I like the association between those particular cards and the Sabbats they've matched them up with.
Are all the Sabbats illustrated in the Majors? I wonder how they would pair the others.