The Book of Shadows Tarot

Chiriku

Lisa Frideborg Lloyd reviewed the first volume of this deck on one of her blogs (Tarotize). She included a picture of the reading/spread she laid out with it. She seemed very impressed with the use of planets in the suit of Fire.

The court cards' names are interesting. Kings are called "Crones" and the Crone card she posts in the reading looks like a female-bodied person.

Moonson

I asked authorization to show some cards, and got "framed" to do something semi-official.

Thank you Ric for the images and all the info!
The artwork is great and it's an interesting concept.

moonbear

Lisa Frideborg Lloyd reviewed the first volume of this deck on one of her blogs (Tarotize). She included a picture of the reading/spread she laid out with it. She seemed very impressed with the use of planets in the suit of Fire.

The court cards' names are interesting. Kings are called "Crones" and the Crone card she posts in the reading looks like a female-bodied person.

Thanks for that Chiriku. Went to the blog and went wow (double wow!) at the artwork!

But what's with the garden gnomes? :(

La Force

I am so buying this deck, My personal card is the Queen of Swords, love the ways she is depicted, surrounded by all her books, lol so me, I any have a few books on the go. lol This deck is on my wish list.

I do have a request RicLS which I would so like you to consider, run it pass barbara see if you can include one blank page to each card in the book, so that we can write our rituals, herbs, candle magic, etc. yes that would add another 78 pages, but well worth it. like a real book of shadows, that would seriously make this thee complete deck and book of shadow. I am sorry I can so see this, you have your books of shadows in one hand and your tarot deck in the other, love it.

La Force

Le Fanu

Very Celtic Faeries. Must be the same artist. Definitely the same borders. Looks interesting.

Chiriku

moonbear, you're most welcome. I like the art style as well (and wasn't this attributed to two or three different artists?) but I'm not a fan of gnomes or anything with wings. I might be able to overlook them if the deck has enough other merits.

ETA: those are some of the best backs I've seen on Lo Scarabeo decks.

I suppose Lisa's review means it's now been released in Europe, then.

RiccardoLS

I do have a request RicLS which I would so like you to consider, run it pass barbara see if you can include one blank page to each card in the book, so that we can write our rituals, herbs, candle magic, etc. yes that would add another 78 pages, but well worth it. like a real book of shadows, that would seriously make this thee complete deck and book of shadow. I am sorry I can so see this, you have your books of shadows in one hand and your tarot deck in the other, love it.

Unfortunately the book is already printed. :)
I'm not sure... I wonder how people would take the idea that the book they just bougth is not complete, and it's up to them to write more. Me I find it a beautiful idea.
However, not this time... :(
Anyway we are also printing a Journal/Blank book with the Book of Shadow images.

ric

Cerulean

images in color? All 78?

The idea sounds wonderful and very useful.

I'm not sure... I wonder how people would take the idea that the book they just bougth is not complete, and it's up to them to write more. Me I find it a beautiful idea.
Anyway we are also printing a Journal/Blank book with the Book of Shadow images.

ric

La Force

ric

I am still stoked, even though, your currently not able to combine a written and blank journal as one, I happy to take them as separate books. Thanks for your response, Sept is too far away. So when will the blank journal be out? Don't mind me I m coordinating so I get it all in one go, saving my pennies. Lol

Shade

Yes all of the court cards, except the pages, are female (Maiden, Mother Crone). Very interesting. I liked this style of court progression in the Pagan Tarot as it gets you away from the notion of "Oh this is a young man, here is an older woman."

Unexpected but I like a deck that tries something new to explore its theme - we have enough guys on horseback in tarot as it is.