Samhain/Halloween decks...new?

Gulliver

@greatdane: I really understand you, I think. Like you, there are only a few decks for me, with the special feeling. By the way, you have a very similar taste...the fall, Universal Waite, Victorian Romantic, simple Lenormand cards without inserts...it's funny.

Sorry for off-topic.

Aurora369

I love the Fall as well and ordered this deck. I cannot wait to see it in my hands. Looks really great in the scans.

greatdane

I understand Aurora!

I am perfectly content to wait. I know it could take a few weeks, but we will all have ours WELL before Samhain or even October, I bet we have them within three weeks. What PERFECT TIMING! I'm glad this deck is coming out when it is.

Aurora369

I am all for getting the deck in September. It is the perfect time, greatdane! I am glad I caught this deck before it sells out.

greatdane

So True, Aurora369!

I don't know about you, but I have limited disposable funds. I can't afford when a deck goes out of print! And I have a feeling by this Samhain/Halloween, all of us who liked it and bought it will be VERY glad we got it when we did. And by NEXT Samhain/Halloween...I bet there's a lot who will wish they had gotten it when they still could. I don't part with my money easily for a deck, but considering this is a limited/numbered edition, this is one of my rare exceptions because I KNOW I won't be able to afford later. Better for me to budget this month a little....:)

Padma

In that one, the spilled cups in front of the standing figure on the original graphic ended up behind the details on the newly added border graphic, and so I wanted those spilled cups to be more easily seen & not hidden. I made the raven holding one of the cups & dumping out the wine onto the skull the raven is standing on, & yes it kinda looks like blood but I'm really not into the gore stuff with Samhain. With that card, the figure ends up looking rather vampirish in his long black cloak. I put a couple of tombstones on the distant hill, as this is a card of all stages of grief - the graveyard seemed appropriate.

Funny - the bridge in the distance on the 5 Cups in the Samhain DOB LE looks suddenly like a head rising over the horizon, or two eyes on a rising full moon's face. Eyes watching. Funny how things look different in the dark. That black background makes many things jump forward that were just minor details before...

I think the whole concept of Samhain decks should encompass that - because the world does go much darker at that time of the year - at least in the Western Hemisphere. So the ideal deck is, to me, one like the Samhain DOB - one that shows you clarity in the dark. I know Seven Star's is not the only one to do that...just using that as an example...but it is interesting, as she noted earlier, the very different view you get of things illustrated at night. Perfect for the fall (and ensuing winter.) :)

greatdane

There are decks that look different at night....

I think of being all wrapped up in snuggly clothes, with my reading table with my amethyst crushed velvet reading cloth, in my victorian attic. It's perfect for Fall! Candles....incense. And somewhere in that hot chocolate...DEFINITELY hot chocolate...or a glass of wine ;-)

seven stars

Funny - the bridge in the distance on the 5 Cups in the Samhain DOB LE looks suddenly like a head rising over the horizon, or two eyes on a rising full moon's face. Eyes watching. Funny how things look different in the dark. That black background makes many things jump forward that were just minor details before...

I think the whole concept of Samhain decks should encompass that - because the world does go much darker at that time of the year - at least in the Western Hemisphere. So the ideal deck is, to me, one like the Samhain DOB - one that shows you clarity in the dark. I know Seven Star's is not the only one to do that...just using that as an example...but it is interesting, as she noted earlier, the very different view you get of things illustrated at night. Perfect for the fall (and ensuing winter.) :)

I know right??? Like, the Fool looks like he's hiding his eyes cause it's spooky out at night. Sometimes new beginnings are like that but he's still stepping forward - may need to watch where he's going though.

Padma

I think of being all wrapped up in snuggly clothes, with my reading table with my amethyst crushed velvet reading cloth, in my victorian attic. It's perfect for Fall! Candles....incense. And somewhere in that hot chocolate...DEFINITELY hot chocolate...or a glass of wine ;-)

I vote DEFINITELY wine, lol! ;) RED wine :D

I know right??? Like, the Fool looks like he's hiding his eyes cause it's spooky out at night. Sometimes new beginnings are like that but he's still stepping forward - may need to watch where he's going though.

Isn't that always the case, lol! We are all wandering around in the dark, really, and full of fear - but forward we must go, whether we are scared, or not!...He certainly looks the part of the trick or treater, as well, in his lovely jester's costume. Always my preferred costume as a child. But then, I have always liked the Fool card ;) alter ego, I suppose!