Tarot Shadow Work by Christine Jette

coyoteblack

Does anyone have any experience with this book? I am in 12 step recovery and it seems it would be a good fit. Which decks work best is this an instant gratification of does it work over time ?

Any experience will b great as I think I will start this book this week.

rwcarter

The book is illustrated with the Robin Wood Tarot, which isn't that surprising since both are put out by Llewellyn.

From page 47 of the book:
The Robin Wood deck is used in this book, but any deck that appeals to you is a fine substitute....Only the major arcana cards are used because they symbolize our spiritual journey and shadow work is a spiritual endeavor.

Eyebright

Wow, talk about synchronicity CB. I dug my copy of the book out of the cupboard this evening as I'm going to work my way through the book. I was coming on to AT to browse the decks section, see if anything jumped out at me. Failing that I might just fall back on an old favourite deck, that feels comfortable, supportive and familiar. Maybe we can work through it together.

coyoteblack

Thank everyone ! Awesome timing it seems some of the stuff there might be to personal to post I am not sure but maybe we can sort of talk each other through it?

coyoteblack

I think I will use the mystic dreamer tarot. Now to see if there is a study group for this

Onyx

A couple of years ago I worked through the whole process and it was nigh on revolutionary for me. Loved it and really saw some stuff to work on personally. One thing that was great was the way that the spreads are each genius but that then they positions in the different spreads cross applied and allowed them the really work together for the benefit of the whole process. Good luck with it and take your time because it can be rushed and in I am then I am sure it would lessen the overall effectiveness.

Marie-Bernard

I have had this book for awhile, but I've been reluctant to start with it. This thread's inspired me though - today I started reading a different book about Jung and Tarot so that I'll be well prepared for 'Tarot Shadow Work.' :D

Onyx, I think I read some of your blog when I was looking for info about the Liber T, I seem to remember you did some posts about the Jette book?

Onyx

Yeah... My blog, which is way abandoned, www.atarotcalling.blogspot.com is where I posted some of the work I did. I still had more to post. The Liber T was the perfect deck for me. As this thread has resurfaced I have considered trying out the process again to see if there is any progress. Also there was some updates that were mentioned about adding the minors into the process.

ann823

I found this book when cleaning some shelves and have been considering doing it-this thread has given me a push in that direction. Any particular decks that work better for this?

coyoteblack

I found a thread for workshop on this book in the tarot study group ,many have chosen a dark deck I think I will use a deck that speaks to my subconscious i am thinking mystic dreamer , but if I had all my decks from jersey I think tarot of dreams might work to.