Best Online Tarot Courses?

magicjack

I think I would rather spend $200.00 dollars on books too But I understand your wanting to interact with others. Are any of your friends interested in Tarot? Also, try Youtube. Lots of stuff there on learning Tarot and watching people read the cards. Good luck!

astrofeather

Same here. There's just so much high quality stuff out there for free. I would definitely be willing to pay for a good class if I knew it was going to be good, but there are so many perspectives and a lot of things I already know that it would have to be a perfect fit for me, and good luck finding that stuff out ahead of payment! For $451 (300 GBP for that Academy of Tarot one) or $200 (for the Tarot School one), it would basically need to guarantee that it's going to be life-changing. You could buy a lot of good books with that kind of money.

I really like Little Red Tarot too :)

Eek! Those are expensive! I couldn't find the prices but I was a bit intimidated.

That's also a good point - libraries are fabulous resources for tarot books, too. I checked out the "Spread a day" book with 365 spreads in it, and just scanned the ones I wanted to hold onto. Books last longer than lessons!

Madrigal

Thanks for all the responses and great suggestions and links. There's enough here to keep me busy for a while. In the meantime lots of reading, AT and card study seems to be the way to go. Next step for me is participating in the reading exchange :D

garmonbozia

Does anyone have any experience with any of these online programs? Yay or nay? I'm doing my own systematic exploration but I thought it might be helpful to have an outside container from time to time.

A couple people already mentioned it, but I highly recommend taking Dusty White's course. I took one of his webinar series last year and I got a lot out of it.

Just last night I got an email announcing the launch of his new website on which there will be a 10 month Tarot course.

If you sign up now, before the end of March, the cost is 1/2 off at $5 a week instead of $10 a week.

Details here:
http://www.easytarotlessons.com/members/register-here/

Madrigal

A couple people already mentioned it, but I highly recommend taking Dusty White's course. I took one of his webinar series last year and I got a lot out of it.

Just last night I got an email announcing the launch of his new website on which there will be a 10 month Tarot course.

If you sign up now, before the end of March, the cost is 1/2 off at $5 a week instead of $10 a week.

Details here:
http://www.easytarotlessons.com/members/register-here/

Thank you, garmonbozia. I've checked out the site and bookmarked it.

Little_Bear

Online Courses

Little red tarot is one of my fave tarot blogs, alongside The Four Queens.
Beth of Little red tarot has an (alternative) online course I want to have a go at later this year.

Dusty White has some beginners tarot pod casts, I've only listened to the first one so far though. He's pretty laid back and funny and I've found the 'homework' from the first episode useful and fun to do.

I stumbled across this gem yesterday and am already onto the Empress. I'm finding it really interesting.
http://archetypaltarot.podbean.com/

Happy studying!
:)

danieljuk

I have noticed recently some very expensive online tarot courses with amazing claims. Just watch what you pay, I don't think those prices are worth it! You can easily learn tarot for free, or just by buying a few books and doing free online courses, looking over AT and browsing youtube. Although recently I am thinking of buying a few online talks with globalspirtualstudies for some of the big names in tarot and other divination because I want to hear and see their methods. I am not sure I would sign up for "classes". But do check reviews and the prices, some are crazy now!

For me I learnt with books and AT! The biggest thing for me was not watching classes or going to classes but practice! I interpreted readings in your readings here a lot, this made me deal with different spreads and combinations. I also took part in monthly circles here, you get an exchange partner each month. The real practice of using the cards in a safe learning environment was my #1 teaching resource! I got some things wrong but it helped me improve. So I would recommend that more than learning by courses. However I think there is some good ones out there, just don't buy into the hugely expensive ones, they are no better than the free ones in my opinion :) If you find any great courses on your way, do share back here as recommendations :thumbsup:

Madrigal

Thank you LB and daniel. I'm learning so much just by reading, reading, reading, immersing myself in the cards, spending time here and on various blogs. There was none of this when I started out a few decades ago. Still, there's something about a finite amount of time in the form of a course that appeals. I'm rather picky but if I come across something worthwhile I'll be sure to post here. In the meantime I've enjoyed everyone's resources and suggestions :thumbsup: