Favorite Companion book?

6 Haunted Days

miss_yuko said:
- The Playing Card Oracles (by Ana Cortez and C. J. Freeman) - this is the BEST book i've ever seen for an oracle. it's truly amazing, it's not just the usual card meanings & spread things, it really really teach you things. i really recommend.

Shalom,

~YUKO

Wow! :bugeyed: Someone else who loves this book as much as I do! I have adored it since I bought the set (cards as well as the book) last December, waxing on and on about it's beauty, depth, symbolism and wonderful history this book offers. But alas very little to none interest shown here. I started some posts on it in the Oracles section, but not much response at all.

Much overlooked and undervalued book in my opinion! An elegant, profound and complete system.

Miss 6 :love:

Rosanne

The best Companion books I have
The Medieval Scapini deck- Art and Arcana the companion book
The Fantastic Menagerie deck - The Fantastic Menagerie Tarot book
~Rosanne

MareSaturni

6 Haunted Days said:
Wow! :bugeyed: Someone else who loves this book as much as I do! I have adored it since I bought the set (cards as well as the book) last December, waxing on and on about it's beauty, depth, symbolism and wonderful history this book offers. But alas very little to none interest shown here. I started some posts on it in the Oracles section, but not much response at all.

Much overlooked and undervalued book in my opinion! An elegant, profound and complete system.

Yes, i love this book and i'm surprised people don't talk much about it! It's so interesting! I also own the deck, and i love it so much i just bought myself another copy ;)
I think it's a complete system, and it's so different it doesn't seem to be 'just another way' to read playing cards. It's original, and if one accepts different point of views, like the fact Clubs are air and Spades are earth, he can really 'get' into it and find it makes sense. But you gotta have an open mind, of course, because at first, it might sound pretty weird :)

I love the poetries, the short stories, the way Ana Cortez writes...overlooked & undervalued system, indeed!

So, you must be the other person at http://www.librarything.com who owns this book. I too have it in my catalog :love:

6 Haunted Days

miss_yuko said:
Yes, i love this book and i'm surprised people don't talk much about it! It's so interesting! I also own the deck, and i love it so much i just bought myself another copy ;)
I think it's a complete system, and it's so different it doesn't seem to be 'just another way' to read playing cards. It's original, and if one accepts different point of views, like the fact Clubs are air and Spades are earth, he can really 'get' into it and find it makes sense. But you gotta have an open mind, of course, because at first, it might sound pretty weird :)

I love the poetries, the short stories, the way Ana Cortez writes...overlooked & undervalued system, indeed!

So, you must be the other person at http://www.librarything.com who owns this book. I too have it in my catalog :love:

~YUKO

Yep, that's me ;). Weird! Out of all the people on LibraryThing were the only ones who have it and we meet on here. Sometimes the internet is quite a small place, it seems.

I agree Cortez writes such beautiful prose and so eloquently ! The way she words her thoughts is enchanting and lends more of a sense of mystery and magic to the book. I myself was wondering if perhaps it will go OOP soon, as there seems little interest and if I shouldn't get myself another set. You think? :)

Nice meeting you!

AngelDancer

My favourite companion books for the Thoth deck are the Mirror of the Soul by Gerd Ziegler and the New Age Tarot by James Wanless - I often use them in tandem...

The Tarot of the Spirit by Pamela Eakins is a wonderful companion book, so much in-depth knowledge, beauty and poetry... love, love, love this one.

I also like the DruidCraft companion book.

Cheers,
AD
x

moon_shadow

Rosanne said:
The best Companion books I have
The Medieval Scapini deck- Art and Arcana the companion book
The Fantastic Menagerie deck - The Fantastic Menagerie Tarot book
~Rosanne
I don't own the first deck you mentioned, but I have been enjoying the book that came with the Fantastic Menagerie deck also. I like the way the author explains, and tells a story on each card. I love those stories. I think she did a wonderful job! :D

Nimue

For me, it's the Tarot of Prague companion book. The book is a wonderful accompaniment to the deck and I love the historical anecdotes and the descriptions of the Prague scenes and artwork that inspired the deck. Actually, all of the Magic Realist Press deck companion books are top notch.

BodhiSeed

Forgot to mention that I love the Fairytale companion book. It is wonderful; I sometimes just read the book and stories for pleasure without the cards.

Bodhran

Strange2

LibraryThing

To 6 Haunted Days and miss-yuko: Thanks for the link to LibraryThing! That's a very cool site for book lovers, collectors, researchers, etc. Very enticing... I've started to add my collection...

Zazi

LibraryThing

Strange2 said:
To 6 Haunted Days and miss-yuko: Thanks for the link to LibraryThing! That's a very cool site for book lovers, collectors, researchers, etc. Very enticing... I've started to add my collection...

Wow! I second that thanks. I love books. And that site is so cool. I'll have to join.