A Most Genuine & Authentic Fake 15th Century Method!

Melanchollic

Here shall be posted A Most Genuine & Authentic Fake 15th Century Method for the Reading of the Tarot Trumps of 22, modestly treated in 100 posts or less. Here will be revealed a most fabricated & ersatz procedure on how to judge or resolve all manner of questions contingent unto man, viz. of Health, Sicknesse, Riches, Marriage, Preferment, Journies, &c. Severall Questions inserted and judged.

Melanchollic

[size=+1]To the Student in Tarot,

My friend, whoever thou art, that with so much ease shalt receive the benefit of my hard studies, and dost intend to proceed in this heavenly knowledge of the Cards, wherein the great and admirable works of the invisible and all glorious God are so manifestly apparent. In the first place, consider and admire thy Creator, and be thankful unto him, be thou humble, and let no natural knowledge, how profound and transcendent soever it be, elate thy minde to neglect that divine Providence, by whose all-seeing order and appointment, all things heavenly and earthly, have their constant motion; but the more thy knowledge is enlarged, the more do thou magnifie the power and wisdom of Almighty God, and strive to preserve thy self in his favour; being confident, the more holy thou art, and more neer to God, the purer Judgement thou shalt give.

M.E.L., 1499
[/size]

Moonbow

Ummm, okay Mel, break a leg.. :)

Melanchollic

Firstly and Foremoste

Firstly to proceed we must procure the 22 cards of a standard Tarot deck. We shall remove trump XXI from the deck, and it shall be set aside. For since we seek to know of the mundane and most worldly of matters, the image of our Lord Triumphant or his Heavenly City are inappropriate to our task.

Next, the 21 remaining cards are given to the querent who seeks advise and consul. The querent announces their inquiry, and the reader should be clear on the matter of the question in it's most basic form. Do question the querent until the true nature of the inquiry is quite clear.

Once both parties have understood the question completely, the querent shall thoroughly shuffle the cards. The cards are returned to the reader, who will place them face down as illustrated.

15th01.jpg

Melanchollic

A Note to the Perplexed -

Text that is in italics is when I'm "in character" as M.E.L. (Mario Ermes Lucii) a 15th century nobleman. M.E.L. is beaming these instructions directly from the year 1499, using a break-though in digital communications technology which enables us to do texts and emails across time. This technology is also known as M.E.L. (Mass Electron Lithobirburpimeter).

Text which is not in italics is when I'm "out of character", and just called Mel.

Rosanne

Ok M.E.L 1499...
Querent is now tied to chair after having elicited exact nature of question and having written it down in cursive script. (and been to bathroom)
Have chosen standard deck and shuffled and laid down as per manuscript- leaving card 21 hidden in dark recess of cupboard along with 56 boring pips.
Waiting for authentically fake instructions..........

We are both excited.

~Rosanne

prudence

Melanchollic said:
Here shall be posted A Most Genuine & Authentic Fake 15th Century Method for the Reading of the Tarot Trumps of 22, modestly treated in 100 posts or less. Here will be revealed a most fabricated & ersatz procedure on how to judge or resolve all manner of questions contingent unto man, viz. of Health, Sicknesse, Riches, Marriage, Preferment, Journies, &c. Severall Questions inserted and judged.
I'm in!! Thank you, Mel, for sharing this system. I am excited to see how it works.

Sherryl

Seeking to submit herself to the divine order of providence, your humble servant has removed from her deck that most high and holy triumph numbered XXI, articulated the question most incisively, and arranged the cards in that 7 x 3 array which is most pleasing to the Creator.

We now await with gratitude and humility the revelation of M.E.L.'s most fake and ersatz procedure which will resolve all doubts, questions and conundrums.

Sherryl

Bernice

Verily, I too await the mysterie that M.E.L. will henceforth unfold to us........

Bee :) :)

Rosanne

I have untied and sent the querent home Bea- but I have kept her notes and the card spread.
I look forward to the explanations with pleasure.

~Rosanne