A New TdM was born in Japan: Tarot de Marseille ISIS Version

la-luna

I've ordered 2 so he answered me Price of 2 decks is 50 EURO and the shipping and handling charge for Europe is 17 EURO, total 67 EURO.

Flaxen

That is such a reasonable price. I've emailed too and am patiently waiting for a reply...

kenji

Hi everyone,

Glad to know your orders have been processed all right... :)

Well, some of you may be interested in Mr Onuma himself...

Born in 1940. Finishing a doctoral course of the ancient Greek philosophy at Tokyo University (the supreme national university in Japan), he taught at Nagoya University as an assistant professor. Now in our country he is rated as an authority on mysteries, especially on practical Qabalah. As a tarotist he was an associate of Mr Philippe Camoin (now their partnership is over). He is also an Archpriest of the Fellowship of Isis (FOI), one of the 33 (On the websites on FOI he is referred to as Professor "Ohnuma").

Moonbow

Thanks for the extra information on Mr Onuma Kenji.

~~

Since a few people have mentioned sharing postage, I must post a disclaimer for Aeclectic Tarot, and a caution for its members.

~~

Annabelle

I emailed him 2 days ago (to order 1 deck) with a pretty specific subject line, but haven't received a reply. I wonder if emails from Gmail sometimes hit his spam filter, perhaps? Maybe I should try again from a different email account.

Richard

I want one! After RWS, the TdM (Grimaud) is my most used deck.

Eyebright

I currently haven't forayed into TdM style decks yet...I'm wondering whether this could be the springboard.... hmmm :)

Richard

Eyebright said:
I currently have forayed into TdM style decks yet...I'm wondering whether this could be the springboard.... hmmm :)
Go for it! The TdM is quite liberating. I'm wondering whether this version might even replace my beloved RWS (various authorized incarnations of which I've used for the past forty years) as THE DECK. That's almost a scary thought.

kenji

Them Their Eyes

More teasers}) (lol)

I think the most striking feature of ISIS version is the characters' eyes;
with various colours, with very impressive looks. They talk much indeed...

TdMISIS_III_face1.jpg
TdMISIS_VIII_face1-6ebb8.jpg
TdMISIS_XIIII_face1-91c34.jpg

kwaw

kwaw said:
Lovely deck!

The bee on force reminds me of the story of Samson, the lion and the beehive:

I am reminded too of a Turkish proverb:

Bal tutan parmak yalar.

Those who handle honey, lick their finger.

(lit. (one) who holds honey licks (his, her, its) finger).