Morgan Greer Study

Jewel-ry

I am interested too! I may not post every time but will definately stick my nose in and add to the threads as much as possible. This is a deck that I really like and use from time to time, in fact I was using it yesterday :)

Pipistrelle

Thanks for the tip-off LittleBuddha :)

It would be great to have a Morgan Greer study group as I've had the deck 3 days now and I'm finding that although its images are very simple, it has a lot of depth.

I also think it's a fantastic idea to start with the minors - I've just come from a deck with non-illustrated minors (Crystal) so this would be especially helpful to me!

Sulis...thank you for saying "I'm notoriously bad at sicking with study groups but I love this deck and will contribute as much as I can." Seeing as I am currently AWOL from the Sakki-Sakki study group, I might have felt too guilty to want to join this one if I hadn't read your post :)

I'm very much looking forward to this!

Kind thoughts,

Pip

Little Baron

I agree that we shouldn't put too much pressure on ourselves and just contribute when we can; make it casual and relaxed. That way it will be much more enjoyable and easier to learn.

Starting with the minors sounds a great idea ....

LB

WalesWoman

I don't much mind what we start off with ... sometimes it's nice to work through a suite, sometimes I find that the card I need to study finds me...which seems to be how the study group for Legends is going. It's nice to be structured, but not bound by it.

So what ever you do is fine with me. I'm still getting to the beach party, just life stepped in and changed my plans. I really do want to get out my deck and toss that ball around.

Alrisha

I am in. I got the deck few months ago and love the artwork very much. Would definitely wanna spend more time studying this lovely deck.

Cerulean

Finally found the reason to buy it...

..even though I enjoyed reading Tarot Celebrations long time ago, I didn't think of anything beyond the majors...and then I recently found out that the Morgan Greer, same as the Albano Waite, has the B.O.T.A. color keys outlined in the Highlights of the Tarot booklet.

It's a nice crossover deck of different systems...

So I looked at Abebooks.com and found a pre-U.S. Games version with booklet and box intact and hopefully will find out interesting things. I saw a U.S. Games version sample deck that had been sunny window for years in a bookstore and the coloring had faded sadly. That's one instance where a demo copy made me wince...

Regards,

Cerulean

Billy F. Greer

Just curios..

I havent been here in awhile..Im sorry for my delays..I have been gone...looking for a new home......Im honored to be so disgussed..I dont know where to begin in all of this tho..so if I can do or say anything..please let me know...Im always here...mostly...and thank you again.

autumn star

late comer ...

ok, I know that I am very late .... but I only discovered this study group a couple of days ago ... so is it ok if I join in too?

I have been reading through the index ... and I have learnt alot from your responses ... and I would like to include some of my own.

I hope I'm not too late

autumn star :)

Sulis

Hi Autumn star,

It's good to have you on board :)

Go ahead and post away.

If you start a new thread, could you let Moonbow* or myself know so we can add the thread to the index?

Thanks

Sulis xx