A Crystal Ball...

Little Baron

Good advice TB

LB

Pumpkin

Embla said:
and Pumpkin, I love the larger stand you have for your large crystal ball. Are those really clear natural quartz spheres? Or are they melted? Perhaps you have written about that somewhere in this thread....

That "stand" is a door knob. lol I just used it for the picture. Had to use something. I have been looking for a stand for that ball for years.

The large one was melted. I had been looking at it for a year and was in love with it. We were getting ready to move from one state to another so my husband bought it for me just before we left. I'm really not sure about the small one. I don't even remember were I bought it.

thinbuddha

Pumpkin said:
The large one was melted.

I have seen some conflicting information about how these clear balls are manufactured. Some state that they are melted and worked like glass (sometimes, like "Crystal" stemware, there is only a small percentage of crystal mixxed in with glass in this process). I've also seen reference made to lab grown crystals- that a large crystal is grown in lab conditions and then carved into the shape of a ball.

Not sure how one would tell the difference....

Rin

Marion said:
*smiles* I also like things that flash green Rin! What is it about certain colours? And yes, they aren't cheap, erk!

On the sites I saw some crystal balls that were virtually clear, and I have a bracelet supposedly of clear quartz so it can't be that rare. But then the really clear ones seem to command big dollars. In a museum once I saw a very large almost flawless quartz crystal ball. Must have been 12" in diameter or more. I was awe-struck!

See, thats what I think too. I went searching on Ebay for crystal balls, and most of them are under $100 for bidding prices. I don't necessarily they're ripping people off (if you look at the serious sellers with lots of feedback/sales/etc).

Just makes you wonder.

HearthCricket

Ophelia has arrived, but still waiting for a stand. She is amazing and quite different from Miranda. This cyrstal ball is almost completely clear with a plane slicing right through her and is very bright. Miranda has a milkier look to her, in comparison. Interestingly enough, for the life of me, I cannot get Ophelia to show off her beautful rainbows as easily as Miranda does, which is basically why I chose this balls. But I like the fact that they are so different. Miranda has so much going on in her and is quite intriguing, whereas Ophelia is bright, quite calm and has incredible clarity. Miranda is still my favourite, being my first and I like her personality, but I am please to have found such a clear ball, as well, which, if using as a divining tool, will give me a very different sort of reading. At any rate, both are lovely and magical. Photos to follow once I have a stand!!

Rin

Woo! Pictures!

Sounds very interesting. :)

HearthCricket

Ah, found the trick with Ophelia! She prefers low light! It is very cloudy out and suddenly she is showing off some lovely rainbows. I am amazed at the rest of her. She looks like a ball of cold spring water...I just want to drink her in!

Little Hare

This is all so exciting!!!!

:heart:

HearthCricket

This is Ophelia's busy side. I am finding you need to capture the busy sides to get those rainbow reflections off the planes, etc. This is not her permanent stand, but rather a rotating one I use while reading from them. I think Ophelia is going to be quite a challenge and lovely to look at, too!