Health and Eclipse.

dadsnook2000

The whole chart

Actually, the modern astrologer sees the whole chart as a general indicator of health. One sees or senses associated factors that speak to possible "health" issues. These might include:

** T-Squares indicating stress for those who have not assimilated their chart into their life, or semi-Squares or Squares-and-a-half (135 degrees) can often indicate the same. Trines can, in some cases, be associated with indulgence and an easy way of using those symbols involved.

** Combination's of planets in mid-point patterns have, in many cases, very specific health issues associated with them that can/need to be triggered by other factors and supported by ones life style and environment and physical or inherited inclinations. Ebertin's CoSI, Combination of Stellar Influences, or the Uranian publications based on Wittes work in the early 1900's can provide more information in this area.

** Some might derive health clues from the inclusion of Asteroids, the use of Arabian Parts or various symbolic degrees which can then be combined with planets. A few use statistical methods to deduce the increased or decreased possibility of certain general-specific health issues.

** Progressions, Directions, Transits, and Cyclic charts can all be used. The affinity of planets with certain sign placements in the chart, rulerships and minor aspects can all be thrown into the mix.

What approach should the beginning or early-studies student of astrology use to deduce health issues? NONE. Experience, lots of it, coupled with other skills and training are needed to effectively contribute in this area. The use of intuitive sensing of multiple patterns requires experience. The use of traditional methods following highly specific methods also requires experience and education in those areas. I can't tell you where to find "common sense" in a chart, but that is what is needed.

The natal chart's simplicity (a few planets, signs and houses) hides its many complexities. We really know very little about its mysteries. Dave

Minderwiz

I have no problem at all with trying to use the entire chart to indicate general health and possibly identify where someone is prone to health issues. Dave indicates a whole battery of techniques which can be used to do this.

My point in the previous post, is that there far too often, such patterns are taken as evidence of actual physical or psychological problems, rather than (at the most) tendencies, or even worse, generalising from specific diagnosed cases of ill health to say that everyone with such patterns has or will have these problems at some point in their lives.

In some ways we're back to the 'nature or nurture' debate - does the natal chart give us a complete picture of the unfolding life, that is predestined to take place in a specific order - if you like the chart shows the 'program' of our lives; or can events and experiences that we undergo, affect the way in which our lives develop - in which case the natal chart is not a complete picture and other charts (not derived from the natal chart) enable us to understand specific events and experiences, including health issues.

That's not a modern v traditional point - you will find traditional and modern supporters of both points of view - personally I believe that at best the chart shows our underlying temperament and where we may be vulnerable to health problems. But vulnerability is not necessity.

I think Dave takes the same line on this, though we use very different methods - Indeed identifying vulnerabilities may help us avoid events or experiences which might actualise them!

miss62

Aquarius in The 6-th House

for me this is actually very true.it says strange helath problem and its hard to dx.well thats what happening to me almost for 26 years of my life.

I'm new to astrology, I think its very interesting