Natal Chart reading request

Minderwiz

I was hoping to post something today but we've been out at our future son-in-law's birthday BBQ (in 26 degree C heat) but will post tomorrow, with a temperament sketch and some consideration of the match between your natal chart and the horary reading I did for you

obeygravity

Ah, it's okay! Take your time, life is more important haha

Minderwiz

Yes I'm in the middle of a hectic few days. In terms of Temperament you work out 40% Phlegmatic, 30% Sanguine, 20% Choleric and 10% Melancholic. That's a reasonable balance - somewhat slow and careful, able to adapt. A rich 'interior' life and a rich external one - you can move between the two without too much difficulty. Your adaptability allows you to seen both sides of a debate and your sanguinity sometimes gets you to debate for fun. Unlike the full sanguine whose a jack of all trades and master of none, you can and do master one or two things well but you also have acquaintance with a wide variety of things.

So long as you're in a career with a variety of situations, it's likely that you will stay in it, without the urge to keep changing. You can be quite social but perhaps more on a superficial level, the intricacies or social niceties, are not something you care about much.

You tend not to get worked up about things and really don't understand why others do, (though your Choleric dimension may occasionally just bubble to the top, though my guess is that you rarely let it show.

The main issues for phlegmatic types is that they can get stuck, not because they can't adapt but because of inertia. They also don't like confrontations so tend to take the easy way out.

My guess is that again the choleric side might just push you to occasionally challenge things but in a very polite way.

OK then next post will take a a brief look at mind and spirit and then we'll go on and look at that seventh house and long term romantic partnerships.

obeygravity

Minderwiz said:
Yes I'm in the middle of a hectic few days. In terms of Temperament you work out 40% Phlegmatic, 30% Sanguine, 20% Choleric and 10% Melancholic. That's a reasonable balance - somewhat slow and careful, able to adapt. A rich 'interior' life and a rich external one - you can move between the two without too much difficulty. Your adaptability allows you to seen both sides of a debate and your sanguinity sometimes gets you to debate for fun. Unlike the full sanguine whose a jack of all trades and master of none, you can and do master one or two things well but you also have acquaintance with a wide variety of things.

Yup.! I do like debating for fun from time to time, though I'm starting to not be too great at it since my motivation usually becomes trying to achieve some sort of compromise at the end hahaha I am a bit of a jack of all trades too. I like dabbling in a bunch of little things but yes, there's a couple of things out of the major lot that I am actually good at.

So long as you're in a career with a variety of situations, it's likely that you will stay in it, without the urge to keep changing. You can be quite social but perhaps more on a superficial level, the intricacies or social niceties, are not something you care about much.

Yeah, that's part of why I fear the concept of ever getting a 'normal' desk job. I need something that's going to constantly keep my attention and have new opportunities for things to happen. I am a pretty sociable person but yeah, again, I don't usually dive too deep into a lot of social interactions hahaha I usually just try to keep friendly.

You tend not to get worked up about things and really don't understand why others do, (though your Choleric dimension may occasionally just bubble to the top, though my guess is that you rarely let it show.

Yeah. I actually also have a tendency to laugh over situations that people get overly worked up over because I think it's silly to let yourself get agitated over the littlest things. That's not to say I don't get worked up, though. But usually that only happens under incredibly strenuous circumstances, but yeah, again, I don't like letting people see me lose my cool.

The main issues for phlegmatic types is that they can get stuck, not because they can't adapt but because of inertia. They also don't like confrontations so tend to take the easy way out.

Well, I used to be very avoidant of confrontations but now I actually take them head on haha

My guess is that again the choleric side might just push you to occasionally challenge things but in a very polite way.

Ahahah, ah! Yeah. I don't usually try to be really rude or disrespectful unless I feel like the other person is just getting down right dirty.

OK then next post will take a a brief look at mind and spirit and then we'll go on and look at that seventh house and long term romantic partnerships.

Looking forward to it!

Minderwiz

Manners (Mind and Spirit)

The Significator of Manners is Mercury placed on the Ascendant (twelfth House side but only just over 3 degrees away and in the same sign of Libra). Not only conjunct the Ascendant, Mercury has mutual reception through rulership with Venus (in Virgo), which involves Venus in the assessment of the mind. As a benefic Venus will strengthen the mind. Mercury also sextiles Saturn which is a malefic, and not well placed by Sign. Not a particularly strong relationship but I'd say it added something of a streak of either reticence or something of a lack of self belief or self doubt. It can also give some interest in 'science' (in it's original meaning of structured knowledge), desire to solve mysteries, or further understanding.

The balance between reason and instinct within the mind is shown by Mercury and the Moon. Stronger Mercury gives a more rational approach, stronger Moon gives a more instinctual, approach. Here Mercury and the Moon are both strong - However the Moon is in its own rulership, Mercury gets its dignity through mutual reception, so I'd say that the instinct or feelings side of the mind is a little more dominant. This works well with the temperament which is more phlegmatic than sanguine.

Mercury is fast and in an air sign, Lilly says this shows a strong memory.

The Moon squares Mercury , so that should indicate some tension between instinct and reason - perhaps showing up as either something of a distrust of reason as a way of seeing the external world or alternatively as suspicion of feelings or instinctive reactions and a desire to impose reason, which never quite works.

So we have a good mind good powers of memory and good and likely more dominant instinctual or non rational faculties.

obeygravity

I would say this sounds about right. I am prone to doubting myself a lot of the time but I'm also someone who's incredibly interested in science (particularly psychology). I am also seemingly in a constant battle between my head (rational though) and my heart (feelings/instincts), and I don't actually know which one is more prone to winning hahaha. But usually when there's a battle, it's a pretty fierce one because I really don't like being overly controlled by my emotions but also can't help but really listen to what my gut's saying.

I also do have a freakishly good memory (though sometimes I try to act otherwise to get out of doing things :laugh: ) but it never really seems to fail me. The only time I'll have trouble remembering things is if my head is already buzzing with a lot of other business.

Minderwiz

Long Term Relations/Marriage

For a woman the significators of 'marriage' are the Sun, Mars, Lord 7 and any planets in the seventh. 'Marriage' should also be taken as long term relationship, even if not on any legal footing.

In this chart Mars is Lord 7 and the Sun is almuten of the seventh (planet with most essential dignity at the seventh cusp). The seventh is occupied by Jupiter in Aries. All three are weak in terms of essential dignity, Both the Sun and Mars are peregrine in Virgo. Jupiter is peregrine in Aries. Accidental dignity doesn't help too much, the Sun is conjunct the twelfth cusp and Mars is both combust and in partile square to Saturn. Mars is moving out of combustion and the eleventh is not a bad place to be. Even so neither of these two are strong. Jupiter is better in terms of accidental dignity being in the seventh, though this is balanced by it being retrograde.

This might suggest you attract the wrong 'type' or things don't normally run smoothly. With the Sun and Mars in an oriental quarter, the usual reading would be that you either marry young or marry a much younger man.

The timing of marriage would be given by primary directions of the Sun and MC.- Looking at these there are some 'minor' ones between August of next year and March 2012. but more promising ones are in 2015 and 2017 with contacts between Ascendant and MC. As my use of primary directions is fairly recent, I'm not going to say that these will be accurate timings.

Incidentally there are a series of minor primary directions involving Jupiter between September of this year and March next year so they might well be monitored to see if anything happens - I suspect they are more likely to be minor illnesses (Jupiter rules the sixth) or issues relating to siblings.

As there is some conflict between Horary and natal, I'd be interested to see what the outcome is.

obeygravity

Minderwiz said:
For a woman the significators of 'marriage' are the Sun, Mars, Lord 7 and any planets in the seventh. 'Marriage' should also be taken as long term relationship, even if not on any legal footing.

In this chart Mars is Lord 7 and the Sun is almuten of the seventh (planet with most essential dignity at the seventh cusp). The seventh is occupied by Jupiter in Aries. All three are weak in terms of essential dignity, Both the Sun and Mars are peregrine in Virgo. Jupiter is peregrine in Aries. Accidental dignity doesn't help too much, the Sun is conjunct the twelfth cusp and Mars is both combust and in partile square to Saturn. Mars is moving out of combustion and the eleventh is not a bad place to be. Even so neither of these two are strong. Jupiter is better in terms of accidental dignity being in the seventh, though this is balanced by it being retrograde.

This might suggest you attract the wrong 'type' or things don't normally run smoothly. With the Sun and Mars in an oriental quarter, the usual reading would be that you either marry young or marry a much younger man.

Ah. Yes. I don't know if they've all been necessarily the wrong type (though there have been a few that I can honestly say were a bad idea), but I do see a lot of issues that come up in my relationships. They're never relationships that run completely smoothly and are easy. I guess it'd be a little odd for me to get involved with a younger guy right now just because I'm already pretty young as is :laugh:

The timing of marriage would be given by primary directions of the Sun and MC.- Looking at these there are some 'minor' ones between August of next year and March 2012. but more promising ones are in 2015 and 2017 with contacts between Ascendant and MC. As my use of primary directions is fairly recent, I'm not going to say that these will be accurate timings.

Incidentally there are a series of minor primary directions involving Jupiter between September of this year and March next year so they might well be monitored to see if anything happens - I suspect they are more likely to be minor illnesses (Jupiter rules the sixth) or issues relating to siblings.

As there is some conflict between Horary and natal, I'd be interested to see what the outcome is.

Huh. That's really interesting. I am definitely going to have to keep you updated. I'm not too sure about issues relating to siblings for that time of the year though since I'm actually never home and have very very little contact with them when I'm away from school but that's also usually the time of the year that I'm prone to getting a cold or two. So we'll have to see how it goes!