Saturn goes direct tomorrow

DarkElectric

Here's another newbie question concerning the mysterious Saturn;
What sort of effect will Saturn going direct have on the general vibe of things?
How does Saturn direct contrast with Saturn retrograde?

Saturn~ the greatly misunderstood. ( By me, at least. :eek:)

AquarianGoddess

If Saturn is retrograde in your natal chart then you feel more at home while transiting Saturn is retrograde. It your natal Saturn is direct, then you'll feel more at-ease when it's transiting direct.

Look for which house Capricorn is ruling in your chart: example, if Capricorn is on the cusp of your 2nd house, then Saturn rules your second house and issues connected with that house have the capacity to flow more smoothly.

Much also depends how your natal Saturn is situated and how transiting Saturn is affecting your chart (other planets.)

Do remember that ALL other planets and aspects matter too. Astrology is not just about one sign or one planet.

Wishing you happy Saturn times!

Edit: Thanks Minderwiz, for adding the Aquarius connotation!!

Minderwiz

In reverse order:

Saturn direct is stronger than Saturn retrograde HOWEVER that assumes everything else is the same and they rarely are: Much also depends on where Saturn is placed in the chart, Saturn retrograde in the first is going to have more effect than Saturn direct in the twelfth. Sign placement is also important, Saturn retrograde in Libra is better than Saturn direct in Cancer or Aquarius (again assuming that all other factors are the same

Don't assume that everything and everyone is equally effected by Saturn going direct - AG gives you some food for thought in her post, and you would need to look at your chart to see where Saturn will affect you (and it's possible that you might not be affected).

I'd add any houses which have a cusp in Aquarius (Saturn rules both Capricorn and Aquarius) as showing possible areas of your life affected by Saturn, plus any house where Saturn aspects the cusp very tightly

Edited for a correction

I referred to 'Saturn direct in Cancer or Aquarius' at the end of para 1. It should have read 'Cancer or Leo' - my brain is disintegrating LOL

AmethystEyes

So it affects the planets you have Cap in too? I have alot. It went direct today? I finally ordered a new phone! :laugh:

Sophie

I jolly well hope that will help to unblock career situation, which has been on standby for a while - I have my 10th House cusp in Aquarius!

While we're on the subject of Saturn - in the next 2-3 weeks it will oppose my natal Saturn. Does that mean career stuff will be made more difficult, or that restrictions will themselves be restricted??

Venusian

I have a bunch of planets in Libra (straight face).

I'm so ecstatic about Saturn going direct (heavy dose of cynicism).

Minderwiz

Fudugazi said:
I jolly well hope that will help to unblock career situation, which has been on standby for a while - I have my 10th House cusp in Aquarius!

While we're on the subject of Saturn - in the next 2-3 weeks it will oppose my natal Saturn. Does that mean career stuff will be made more difficult, or that restrictions will themselves be restricted??

It depends what approach you take to Astrology - One of the classic texts on transits is Robert Hand's 'Planets in Transit'. This was written in the days before he gave up the psychological approach to explore Hellenistic practices. Basically he suggests that how you experience this transit depends on how well you are prepared for it - Saturn is a planet of structures and 'building' - you're coming up to the half way point in your Saturn cycle and if things are going to plan then this will represent a successful (in material terms) culmination of your plans and preparations. If not then expect things to go wrong and the 'plans' to fall apart, and you have to try again. Given that Saturn is transiting your fifth House at that point the plans, structures and preparations will be related to issues concerning children, but also how you take your pleasure, love affairs and romance, recreation, sport and gambling rather than career, though clearly they can impact on your career if you have to concentrate on the fifth house issues to the detriment of your work. Hand at that time probably would have seen Uranus as the MC ruler.

A traditional approach is far less likely to be concerned about the opposition to natal Saturn and far more concerned about the opposition to the MC which occured some time ago. Transits to angles are the important ones followed by transits to house cusps (the transit of the eleventh cusp having already taken place a couple of years ago (approx) - the transit of the twelfth being the next event to look forward to. As Saturn does rule your MC from a Traditional point of view, each transit of a house cusp will have some impact on your career and being Saturn, this is not always going to be a pleasant experience - the intensity will strongest when Saturn is on the cusp and then die away after the first few degrees.

margi

Hi Minderwiz,

Just reading your post and it has me fascinated, and a bit puzzled. I've been reading alot about astrology and am still learning, so I am still a beginner. Recently, I have noticed Saturn all over the place, and so I was glad to see this thread.

In your last post, you were talking about Saturn in the 11th house. I'm trying to see how that would effect me personally, as I thought that may have something to do with some major changes that I have been dealing with and understood that there may be more to come. could you tell me what this might mean?

Sun Pisces 5°48'49 in house 6 direct
Moon Leo 21°32'16 in house 12 direct
Mercury Aquarius 10°54'39 in house 5 direct
Venus Aries 2°01'52 in house 7 direct
Mars Capricorn 25°22'03 in house 5 direct
Jupiter Pisces 24°48'27 in house 7 direct
Saturn Cancer 12°13'13 in house 11 retrograde
Uranus Scorpio 2°18'37 in house 3 retrograde
Neptune Sagittarius 11°42'38 in house 4 direct
Pluto Libra 8°43'40 in house 2 retrograde
True Node Sagittarius 5°36'52 in house 4 retrograde

You said in a previous post that if Saturn was retrograde in Cancer that may not be such a good thing, and now that I read about the effect of the eleventh house, I'm kind of at odds and ends with this. I read conflicting points of view about this, one being by Robert Hand, but I am just wondering what this may mean, since you seem to have such a firm grasp on these kinds of things. Oh, I know that my chart is full of conflicts and have been told that I may just basically be a mess, but then others have said that I will lead a very cyclical life, whatever that means. So if my chart makes no sense, I understand, you wouldn't be the first to say I am a complete conundrum.

Thanks
~margi

Sophie

Minderwiz said:
It depends what approach you take to Astrology - One of the classic texts on transits is Robert Hand's 'Planets in Transit'. This was written in the days before he gave up the psychological approach to explore Hellenistic practices. Basically he suggests that how you experience this transit depends on how well you are prepared for it - Saturn is a planet of structures and 'building' - you're coming up to the half way point in your Saturn cycle and if things are going to plan then this will represent a successful (in material terms) culmination of your plans and preparations. If not then expect things to go wrong and the 'plans' to fall apart, and you have to try again. Given that Saturn is transiting your fifth House at that point the plans, structures and preparations will be related to issues concerning children, but also how you take your pleasure, love affairs and romance, recreation, sport and gambling rather than career, though clearly they can impact on your career if you have to concentrate on the fifth house issues to the detriment of your work. Hand at that time probably would have seen Uranus as the MC ruler.

A traditional approach is far less likely to be concerned about the opposition to natal Saturn and far more concerned about the opposition to the MC which occured some time ago. Transits to angles are the important ones followed by transits to house cusps (the transit of the eleventh cusp having already taken place a couple of years ago (approx) - the transit of the twelfth being the next event to look forward to. As Saturn does rule your MC from a Traditional point of view, each transit of a house cusp will have some impact on your career and being Saturn, this is not always going to be a pleasant experience - the intensity will strongest when Saturn is on the cusp and then die away after the first few degrees.

Oh good. I do prefer Traditional astrology anyway. Even if I take the first interpretation, I'm not too concerned about romance and gambling at the moment :p. But I am concerned about work and post-grad training! (10th and 9th house issues).

BTW - plans I made a few years ago (in the past 3 years) have already fallen apart, so I'm back to the drawing board now. Which is why I am looking at Saturn! Am busy making new plans.

Minderwiz

margi said:
Hi Minderwiz,

Just reading your post and it has me fascinated, and a bit puzzled. I've been reading alot about astrology and am still learning, so I am still a beginner. Recently, I have noticed Saturn all over the place, and so I was glad to see this thread.

In your last post, you were talking about Saturn in the 11th house. I'm trying to see how that would effect me personally, as I thought that may have something to do with some major changes that I have been dealing with and understood that there may be more to come. could you tell me what this might mean?

Thanks
~margi

Hi margi,

Well I was talking about Saturn aspecting the eleventh cusp, which is not quite the same thing. Saturn retrograde in Cancer is both essentially weak and accidentally weak - though the eleventh is by no means the worst placement. Saturn here is not going to do you many favours - the sort of key words for this Saturn are going to be 'fearful', 'mistrustful' 'suspicious', stubborn', 'pessimistic' and never content with your lot' BUT this is a description of the planet or the qualities it tries to impart, the overall balance depends on the others as well, and in particular Ascendant (which you do not give) Moon and Sun. And in contrast your Mars in Capricorn is in exaltation - you have the capacity for a well directed way of asserting yourself - probably through your children, and your creative activities.

It's difficult to go any further as you don't supply your house cusps (and it's better for me if you can give your natal details, if only through pm). Nobody is a complete mess though LOL. The natal chart gives us the cards we have to play in life, how we play them is largely up to us. A good poker player can make a poor hand into a winner, the tortoise can beat the hare but as we can't all be winners, doing the best you can is all that can be asked of you and it's often the person who struggles against the odds that ends up as the inspiration for others.