So... Uranus is in Aries...

le.jour.obscurcit

Anyone want to tell us what this means for society? I tried googling and nothing. :/

Minderwiz

Uranus takes about 7 years to transit a sign, I've seen some modern Astrologers who are prepared to say that sign meanings for the outer planets are of little value because of their long sojourns in signs - Saturn has transited three signs in that time and of course you've had roughly 7 Solar Returns in that time.

As people here know, I don't use the outers because I don't see any gain from using them, of the three, Uranus is probably the most usable, if you are going to use them - it has the symbolic value of taking a full human life to transit the zodiac. However, I also don't use the modern Sign meanings, which have a history of just over one hundred years, I'm sure there will be a lot of modern Astrologers trying to think of something - 'thrusting eccentricity', 'aggressive magicians', but 'rugged individualism' might be a more reasonable guess.

I'm sure we'll have some fun watching the attempts to rationalise the eccentric meeting the direct.

Ronia

With my extremely limited knowledge, I translate it to myself as "breaking walls". Just because Uranus is a rebel and Aries is initiator and full with energy... I've been interviewing people around me (don't laugh, trying to learn) and there is actually a tendency towards more conflicts lately. Rebellions, that is. The individual against the common. That sort of thing. It's interesting because people tell me they don't know why they suddenly seem to feel uncomfortable with their situation. Not that they recognized it now but it has become more difficult to accept it as it is. I'm not sure this is precisely Uranus in Aries but it nicely complemented my simplistic explanation. :)

214red

there are quite a few artcles, you might want to list the date too and it will give you information about this transit.

i do agree its breaking down walls, uranus is about revolution, and well you with aries who starts things by sometimes literally knocking things down i can see more uprising, somethings being settled by violence more than talking.

personally i think it hits my house of vocation so will start something , a seed then goes retrograde into pisces then back into aries to finish what it started in Jan 2011

here are a few articles
http://www.astrodispatch.com/2010/05/26/a-uranus-in-aries-brainstorm/
http://blog.beliefnet.com/astrologicalmusings/2010/05/uranus-in-aries---may-27-2010.html
http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Astrology-of-Uranus-in-Aries&id=4339677

Minderwiz

One of the big problems of trying to sort out the meaning (if it has any) using observation, is that the empirical approach assumes that you can control for 'other factors' - the 'Ceteris Paribus' assumption of the scientific method.

The trouble is that you can't control for other things - Uranus may have entered Aries but Jupiter is on the point of following (8th June), Mars is about to enter Virgo (7th June) and Saturn will soon enter Libra, (22nd July) Mars is the planet of aggression and rebellion, traditionally and a Mars ingress might well better account for some observations of rebellious, assertive behaviour. However trying to disentangle that combination and say 'this is Uranus' but 'that is Mars', that bit is Jupiter but this bit is Saturn - is very difficult to do in any objective sense.

Be aware of these changes, speculate on them, think about how the combinations of ingresses might operate, or indeed whether and in what circumstances they will carry effect. It helps the learning process and the understanding.

BigLuna

There's a fantastic collection of articles on Uranus in Aries from the 2010 Cardinal T-Square Blogathon here, Uranus in Aries, Claiming a Self-Reliant Future:

http://auntiemoon.wordpress.com/2010/02/14/uranus-in-aries-claiming-a-self-reliant-future/

You can also find articles on Saturn in Libra and Pluto in Capricorn, the two placements that complete the cardinal t-square from the same blogathon. More than 60 professional astrologers contributed to the blogathon. It's an excellent resource.

I'm a firm believer in the outer planets. With all due respect, Minderwiz, I don't think their effects can be ignored.