question for deck designers only

Cedar Wolf

Goodness. I've been working on my Tarot deck for ... well, way too long now, and I started because I was never entirely happy with any deck I could buy. I'm making the deck in order to be a tool I can use wholeheartedly. Of course, it's not done yet, so we'll see.... But with most of the work done, it absolutely feels like a deck I can trust and will talk to me.

I like the advice of taking a break from your work. Forgetting always helps a person gain some perspective.

rota

I've always found that a considerable amount of time has to pass before I become detached from a card image that I've made. But, once that time has passed, the sense I have when I see the image is that it's not mine.
I find that's true with any picture I've done, not just card images. A sense of detachment develops, as though someone else had done it.

HudsonGray

Same here. I KNOW I drew it, but it's more like someone else did after enough time has passed (and I don't look directly at the mistakes anymore!).

tarotbear

Same here. I KNOW I drew it, but it's more like someone else did after enough time has passed (and I don't look directly at the mistakes anymore!).

You know, it is said that Alexander Graham Bell felt that way about the telephone after it's unparallelled success .. he felt as though 'someone else' had invented it, not he, and tried to distance himself from it.