A shoutout for makeplayingcards

tarotbear

TGC & shrink-wrap:

All Tarot decks are boxed and the box comes shrink-wrapped, but TGC will not sell their tarot cards shrink-wrapped without a box. I am not sure what they do with 'expansion packs' of cards, or game decks with small numbers of cards.

Cards for a boxed game come in a plastic baggie, and the entire game box (with all it's contents) are shrink wrapped.

If you are buying cards only for game testing purposes - as only one component of your game - they must shrink-wrap those to keep them together.

bluedogrose

Thanks for the clarification Tarotbear. :)

shadowdancer

Just a wee update. I am getting a large version of my deck printed through Printer Studio. Being slightly long sighted (age catching up for sure...) the bridge size are great but with text it is harder on my eyes without reading glasses.

Therefore I will be able to do a comparison of the Printer Studio large size linen stock and the Make Playing Cards bridge size with linen stock. I know one area I may be critically evaluating is the accuracy of the cut. Make Playing Cards did a good job on that score. If the Printer Studio is as good I will be a happy teddy. The Printer Studio seems to be slightly cheaper as already mentioned by TarotBear, and have the advantage of free shipping on orders over $30. They also offer linen stock as an option for the larger cards, whereas the Make Playing Cards only offer the 300gsm regular card. Watch this space.