What is your favourite tarot card?

canid

The Hermit. The Magician. The 9 of Pents. Hasn't changed much in 30+ years.

3ill.yazi

Depends on the deck.

My personal favorite right now is the Noblet's Devil. I call him the "Elmer Fudd Devil."

cm0rmUd

FaintlyMacabre

Apparently the $#*#%! Tower. I got it so much.

I like the 8 of Pents pretty well.

Diana

CreepingCorbies

I'm always a sucker for the Ten of Cups. I like to hear that things are going to go smooth and I'll be happy as a clam and satisfied. I do, however, really like getting the Wheel of Fortune. Change for me is always welcome, and it's funny how often I get it in combination with the Nine of Cups (Another good card for me). I also like seeing the Page of Wands pop up, since it's my SO's significator.

For some reason this thread makes me want to pull Shadowscapes out again, since it was my favourite for so long, and it was the Shadowscapes depictions of the cards that I fell in love with. Well, I'm glad I came here and got that kick in the pants. The Zombie Tarot certainly has a different feeling than my old standards, and it's springtime! Time for a change.

ana luisa

I'm always a sucker for the Ten of Cups. I like to hear that things are going to go smooth and I'll be happy as a clam and satisfied. I do, however, really like getting the Wheel of Fortune. Change for me is always welcome, and it's funny how often I get it in combination with the Nine of Cups (Another good card for me). I also like seeing the Page of Wands pop up, since it's my SO's significator.

For some reason this thread makes me want to pull Shadowscapes out again, since it was my favourite for so long, and it was the Shadowscapes depictions of the cards that I fell in love with. Well, I'm glad I came here and got that kick in the pants. The Zombie Tarot certainly has a different feeling than my old standards, and it's springtime! Time for a change.

You'll probably love this rendition of the 10 of Cups by Ciro :)

Attachments

• 9c53245743b08db8651b4d16645ad607.jpg
    9c53245743b08db8651b4d16645ad607.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 158

ana luisa

Never usually liked any betrayal of the Death card as being one that could be a favourite. l really do love the Thoth one, it makes me laugh, he is so busy prancing around clearing all the deadwood out the way. l liken him to a demented housewife who has spent all day lazing and before the hubby comes home gets into cleaning mode.
Not that this is me you understand :joke:

One more card for the busy housewife :) This time, it's the 10 of Wands.

Attachments

• c9b2187a91b71e86446bb25c918416fd.jpg
    c9b2187a91b71e86446bb25c918416fd.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 146

Thoughtful

Ah yes, though she looks as though she does not know where to start first, its all too much. Whereas Death knows exactly what he is doing he wants to clear up and start afresh, onwards and upwards, lets get it over with :joke:

empress's dress

Depends on the deck.

in rws it's the 6 of cups

i feel so happy and warm and fuzzy. i often feel like the guy is turned around in the background because he doesn't want to intrude on such a special moment and make the kids insecure.

i wish i had a tote bag with that image on it! and a t-shirt! and even a dress in silk!

other decks have other beautiful images and reach depths that move me.

in the visconti i love that the wheel of fortune is so perilous, strength is so slapstick and grotesque, lovers is so filled with risk, star is so manageable and the world is made to be shared.

may post more later. just off the top of my head. thanks for asking us!

EmpyreanKnight

My absolute favorite is The Emperor, which happens to be my birth card. I've always resonated with The Devil and Strength too.

Denever

The 3 of Wands and the Hermit in the RWS. Temperance in the World Spirit Tarot.