transparent Marseille

xaphoo

I ask the community: has anyone ever made a traditional Marseille deck out of transparent material such as acetate?

I am inspired by Jodorowsky's comment that the cards "speak" to each other while lying stacked in their deck. It would be interested to see this made visible in a transparent Marseille, whose geometry and formal harmony seem made for superposition. Imagine the 22 trumps of the Noblet seen at once against a bright light! Would changing around their order make the colors blend differently, turn parts black and mysteriously lighten other parts of this total creature?

I am aware that at least one non-Marseille transparent deck exists.

tedglart

Pablo Robledo the Argentinian cardmaker issued a beautiful set of the 22 transparent majors on acetate with his version of the Conver deck a couple of years ago. He also included a separate transparent card with a geometrical design that could be overlaid on the other cards. Very interesting to see how objects and gestures on the cards intersect each other.

Yves Le Marseillais

Tarot and geometry

I ask the community: has anyone ever made a traditional Marseille deck out of transparent material such as acetate?

I am inspired by Jodorowsky's comment that the cards "speak" to each other while lying stacked in their deck. It would be interested to see this made visible in a transparent Marseille, whose geometry and formal harmony seem made for superposition. Imagine the 22 trumps of the Noblet seen at once against a bright light! Would changing around their order make the colors blend differently, turn parts black and mysteriously lighten other parts of this total creature?

I am aware that at least one non-Marseille transparent deck exists.

Bonjour Xaphoo,

You may be interested by Wilfried Houdouin work on geometry and tarot: He issued a 22 majors set already and published a book in french and portuguese versions (english translation is running). His website is:
http://www.tarot-de-marseille-millennium.com/english/index.html

Best,

Yves