Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

From G6: YANKEE SWAP TRADING GAME - Notification Sign Up

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

banbha 
Citizen

Canada is international coming from the US.

From USPS site:

Quote:
First-Class Mail International®
Affordable International Service

Our most affordable option for postcards, envelopes, and flats. Send anything up to 4 lbs (cannot exceed $400 in value) to more than 180 countries. From $1.15 at a Post Office.
https://www.usps.com/international/m...g-services.htm

The USPS website doesn't have a filter for assessing first class rates by weight. You have to go to the post office.

To mail a deck internationally you can open deck, flatten box and fan the cards in a ziplock bag to make it more or less flat for the envelope. I received a deck from Finland for $20.00 this way with no insurance or tracking. You can't track internationally in any case. It only tracks until it leaves the States or Finland respectively.

I shipped two decks to Australia first class and it was around $30 or so, I can't remember exactly. I put them in a light paper box that just fit the two of them perfectly and bound them with shipping tape.

I've shipped hundreds of small packages through the USPS (mostly books, using the ultra cheap media mail) and they've never lost anything.
Top   #51
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Talking GAME STARTS THIS THURSDAY! 6/29!!!

Only a few more days!!! Lets get this party started!!! 🎉

😎

G6
Top   #52
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

GAME STARTS TOMORROW MORNING!!! 😎

Hey Folks!

Game starts tomorrow morning! I will message the official game link to all on this list or look out around this time tomorrow! 🎉

✌🏻

G6
Top   #53
Citizen

Tarot dance 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
hold up is the ridiculous cost to ship internationally. I don't consider Canada across the ocean or internationally. Brightest Blessings,
BeyondtheVeil

...I have to agree....the last time I shipped to the UK the shipping cost, without insurance or tracking, was $24.50....I was shocked....I sent the deck anyway because I was already committed....

....Where as 6-8 months before that I mailed a deck to the UK & it cost $12.50...still expensive but doable....

....Now I consider that price of international shipping way too high for a deck...unless is a deck that either HTF or OOP &/or I can't live with out it....

....Instead of paying the much for shipping I would just order it and get it with the guaranteed 2 day delivery from Amazon Prime...

...BUT, here is my master plan....if someone grabs one of my decks that is still available & in print....instead of sending my deck to them & paying for international shipping....I plan to order the deck they wanted either thru Amazon UK or the Book Depository, pay for the deck on my end (I mean what are credit cards for anyway) & then have Amazon UK or the Book Depository ship ir directly to them..that should cut out the international shopping fees...Now, is this mast plan doable....don't know but plan to find our....
Top   #54
Citizen

Tarot dance 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
Hey Folks!

Game starts tomorrow morning! I will message the official game link to all on this list or look out around this time tomorrow! 🎉

✌🏻

G6
...My list is made & ready to go....

....Question....do we all post our lists at the same time or isa it via stations as in the Trade Train.....enquiring minds want to know...
Top   #55
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarot dance View Post
...I have to agree....the last time I shipped to the UK the shipping cost, without insurance or tracking, was $24.50....I was shocked....I sent the deck anyway because I was already committed....

....Where as 6-8 months before that I mailed a deck to the UK & it cost $12.50...still expensive but doable....

....Now I consider that price of international shipping way too high for a deck...unless is a deck that either HTF or OOP &/or I can't live with out it....

....Instead of paying the much for shipping I would just order it and get it with the guaranteed 2 day delivery from Amazon Prime...

...BUT, here is my master plan....if someone grabs one of my decks that is still available & in print....instead of sending my deck to them & paying for international shipping....I plan to order the deck they wanted either thru Amazon UK or the Book Depository, pay for the deck on my end (I mean what are credit cards for anyway) & then have Amazon UK or the Book Depository ship ir directly to them..that should cut out the international shopping fees...Now, is this mast plan doable....don't know but plan to find our....
This is another option and one I considered when I sent a side trade to Canada last time around. It wound up being no different to send the deck I had with shipping costs vs. a new one from Book Depository, but it is a good option to research the cost and see if it makes a difference.

Book Depository is free shipping with no membership needed:

https://www.bookdepository.com

P.S.

I'm happy the international crowd will be joining us! To not include them would be too Trumpian and it's not my thing. 😊

✌🏻

G6
Top   #56
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post

I'm happy the international crowd will be joining us! To not include them would be too Trumpian and it's not my thing. 😊

✌🏻

G6
Trumpian? Really?

Not wanting to pay a ridiculous amount to ship a deck somewhere that EVERYONE can buy themselves {in whatever country} for less isn't cutting someone out. It is using your brain.

So.. I guess I am Trumpian then.
Top   #57
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
Trumpian? Really?

Not wanting to pay a ridiculous amount to ship a deck somewhere that EVERYONE can buy themselves {in whatever country} for less isn't cutting someone out. It is using your brain.

So.. I guess I am Trumpian then.
It's meant to be light hearted not a flame war, BTV. As stated there is cost attached to playing trading games. It's part of the game. Just like a movie ticket costs $15. The 1st Class International shipping rates that were quoted above in the links I provided were in the reasonable range. The other option as mentioned above is to use Book Depository to send a deck should you get an international partner and decide that is a better route.

Hope this helps!

✌🏻

G6
Top   #58
Citizen

csmith0406 
Citizen

I'm afraid I'll have to sit this out, not because of the shipping cost but because I've got a few things going on at home and don't think I'll have time.
Top   #59
Citizen

Tarot dance 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith0406 View Post
I'm afraid I'll have to sit this out, not because of the shipping cost but because I've got a few things going on at home and don't think I'll have time.
....you will be missed

9-(
Top   #60

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.