Is 8 of wands ''always'' linked to communication?

tarot_quest

Hi guys,

I know that there are quite a lot of thread about 8 of wands and communication.

The thing is that I just did a spread regarding if I should forget someone and what he wants from me. The cards were negative (which is ok, I prefer to be a bit sad but to know the truth at the end of the day).

I am just very surprised. When I asked if he will contact me eventually, I got the 8 of wands. I decided to pull a clarification and I got the hierophant....

So my question is: is the 8 of wands almost always linked to communication (when you ask about it) or can it mean something else? Again, I am surprised considering the rest of my spread.

* for the hierophant as a clarification, I see it as something traditional or formal (like a formal talk?)

intuitivetarot

Wands are fire and wands are action cards. So I can see 8/Wands as being a card about going with gusto towards your goals, taking quick action. 8/Wands is highlighted for its high speed. So something coming in quickly or not sitting around and wasting any time; no delays, no procrastination. So think more along the lines of speed, as wands are action and fire.

tarot_quest

Wands are fire and wands are action cards. So I can see 8/Wands as being a card about going with gusto towards your goals, taking quick action. 8/Wands is highlighted for its high speed. So something coming in quickly or not sitting around and wasting any time; no delays, no procrastination. So think more along the lines of speed, as wands are action and fire.

Thanks for your input intuitivetarot ;)

Yes indeed wands is a fire and energy and also reaching a goal. However I am VERY confused. When asking what was his intention towards me, I got rx 8 of cups, which means to me an absolute ''I am no more involved in this situation, bye''

So how is it possible that he would contact me? I am stumped since I precisely asked about communication and got this card...

intuitivetarot

No problem! :) 8/Cups RX could also mean that the 8/Cups energy is blocked somehow. Upright, there might have been some kind of stagnation or he might've just had been feeling disappointed by something, so he decides that enough is enough and leaves it with the least amount of pain to pursue a dream or ideal, just what brings him emotional satisfaction. Reversed, something is stopping him walking away what's bringing him down. The pain from the disappointment might be highlighted to such an extent that he may feel a bit tied down to these negative feelings. Or maybe just fear? But something is blocking him from pursuing this ideal of his, which I'd take as a relationship with you. Or maybe it's not an emotional worry on his part--perhaps he needs some kind of clarity and he might seek to contact you to clarify whatever needs to alleviate the blockage so that the delay of seeking the "dream"--a relationship with you--can disappear. So 8/Wands in this position is clearing up the hold up of the other energy through communication (as your question for this position of 8/Wands was about communication). As for the hierophant, yes, it talks about tradition, but more along the lines of traditional values and life traditions, such as marriages. I can't see it signifying a formal talk, unless this guy is so traditional that he doesn't believe in using technology lol. I mean, he may want a face to face talk, but the hierophant is usually about higher education, spiritual guidance, large organizations and corporations, traditional values passed on from "elders", "elders", mentor, conventionality, and conformity (marriages, or just some kind of commitment). So I think the tarot wants you to know that he WANTS to pursue something substantial.

tarot_quest

Intuitivetarot, your message resonates a lot!

I was skewed towards the negative side, but I read your message a couple of times and it does make sens. I have to admit that the way you see the 8 of cups rx is not obvious for me, but it matches the situation big time. I am impressed :)

No problem! :) 8/Cups RX could also mean that the 8/Cups energy is blocked somehow. Upright, there might have been some kind of stagnation or he might've just had been feeling disappointed by something, so he decides that enough is enough and leaves it with the least amount of pain to pursue a dream or ideal, just what brings him emotional satisfaction.

he had a painful breakup couple of months ago and he was scared to develop feeling for me so fast. Interestingly, I asked how he feels about his ex lately and I also got rx 8 of cups...

Reversed, something is stopping him walking away what's bringing him down. The pain from the disappointment might be highlighted to such an extent that he may feel a bit tied down to these negative feelings. Or maybe just fear? But something is blocking him from pursuing this ideal of his, which I'd take as a relationship with you.

I honestly don't understand how you came out with this situation... This is spot on! I felt that he was very scared and blocked to pursue something with me, and he disappeared. That's why I am so negative in my interpretation. I don't have news since months.

Or maybe it's not an emotional worry on his part--perhaps he needs some kind of clarity and he might seek to contact you to clarify whatever needs to alleviate the blockage so that the delay of seeking the "dream"--a relationship with you--can disappear.

I think that he might need some clarity too. We barely know each others but felt a nice and fluid connection together (intellectually and emotionally and physically). A month ago, I got 8 of wands + hermit when asking what I should know about him, which I interpret as: he his investigating if he should contact me or not in order to gain some clarity.

So 8/Wands in this position is clearing up the hold up of the other energy through communication (as your question for this position of 8/Wands was about communication). As for the hierophant, yes, it talks about tradition, but more along the lines of traditional values and life traditions, such as marriages. I can't see it signifying a formal talk, unless this guy is so traditional that he doesn't believe in using technology lol. I mean, he may want a face to face talk, but the hierophant is usually about higher education, spiritual guidance, large organizations and corporations, traditional values passed on from "elders", "elders", mentor, conventionality, and conformity (marriages, or just some kind of commitment). So I think the tarot wants you to know that he WANTS to pursue something substantial.

Ok I understand what you mean. I did not know that Tarot was trying to pass me this message! I guess that communication should come fast if that is what the card meant

Thanks again, you helped a lot ;)

intuitivetarot

Oh, I didn't know you pulled a card for his ex too and that you got 8/Cups RX then too. If this is so, then maybe this dream is just a serious relationship in general. As for 8/Wands + Hermit, the hermit is isolated or self isolates from the rest of the world. So I wouldn't take things too seriously with him--it doesn't necessarily mean like he doesn't like you, but he just likes to be by himself (single). Without knowing what question you asked for that position and 8/Wands upright, I can't say for sure, but since the 8/Wands and Hermit are totally opposite in energy, this combo is quite odd. Hm, wands can be a phallic symbol, so with 8/Wands being about speed, I wonder if maybe he's just having 1 night stands and isn't looking for a relationship...? Or maybe contacting him after getting some sort of "spiritual guidance"? This is super weird--you got hierophant to clarify 8/Wands in the main reading and you got the the hermit in the other reading. The hierophant is similar to the hermit in that the hermit in that both of them are about spirituality--the hermit is about spiritual enlightenment, while the hierophant is spiritual knowledge as guidance. Maybe both of them are saying the same thing--information gained through the divine or intuition. Perhaps YOU need to follow your intuition and contact HIM quickly.

Sibylline

I'll throw my .02 cents in with a few alternative interpretations.

8 of wands = fast communication. In some traditions, it's called "the arrows of love." It's the feeling you get when you're struck by cupid's arrows all at once.

hierophant upright = sometimes means commitment in my relationship readings

8 of cups rx = somebody not ready to leave a situation completely behind. Could indicate someone who keeps looking back at what he walked away from. If you see the 5 of cups in your readings soon, then he's really regretting his decision.

I'll hazard a guess here. If I were in your shoes, I'd expect to hear from him. Commitment might be the topic of conversation. And perhaps a discussion of how quickly his feelings developed for you. Since you got a major in that reading, I'd also pull a card to help explain the hierophant in more detail. I would ask, "What does he want?"

Since you pulled the 8 of cups rx for how he's thinking about the ex, I'd say this guy has commitment issues that he needs to work out...and that's reinforced by the fact you pulled the 8 of wands with the Hermit for him a month ago. It sounds to me like this guy gets scared and holes up in his hermit cave to avoid getting hurt. When that happens, then he allows the relationship to flame out quickly leaving him without much closure.

Hope that helps!

intuitivetarot

8 of wands = fast communication. In some traditions, it's called "the arrows of love." It's the feeling you get when you're struck by cupid's arrows all at once.

I'll hazard a guess here. If I were in your shoes, I'd expect to hear from him. Commitment might be the topic of conversation. And perhaps a discussion of how quickly his feelings developed for you.

Ok, I was getting so many thoughts when I was writing up my last message that I forgot to mention rushing in (not like the knight of swords, but like I kept thinking rushing in, like in terms of feelings), but I like how Sibylline connected the two as well. I agree that that is quite plausible as well!

pageofswords9110

The 8 of wands could also mean a situation being stuck or things being up in the air. Clarified by the hierophant which would mean for me status quo... things not changing... would be a no for now but maybe in the future.

tarot_quest

Oh, I didn't know you pulled a card for his ex too and that you got 8/Cups RX then too. If this is so, then maybe this dream is just a serious relationship in general.

You are bringing a lot of interesting points by the way! With your interpretation of the 8 of cups rx, I start to think that he is mixing up the idea in his mind of what he had with his ex and the idea of having something with me, hence the defensiveness and not being sure if he should completely leave the past behind.

As for 8/Wands + Hermit, the hermit is isolated or self isolates from the rest of the world. So I wouldn't take things too seriously with him--it doesn't necessarily mean like he doesn't like you, but he just likes to be by himself (single).

He has been with her ex for a very long time, so it makes sens that he needed alone time (and maybe still needs) to figure out what he wants and live by himself

Without knowing what question you asked for that position and 8/Wands upright, I can't say for sure, but since the 8/Wands and Hermit are totally opposite in energy, this combo is quite odd. Hm, wands can be a phallic symbol, so with 8/Wands being about speed, I wonder if maybe he's just having 1 night stands and isn't looking for a relationship...? Or maybe contacting him after getting some sort of "spiritual guidance"?

Maybe he feels an internal contradiction? He would like to have something physical, but I am sure (from what I saw) that he aims for a stable and long term relationship (based on his past too)

This is super weird--you got hierophant to clarify 8/Wands in the main reading and you got the the hermit in the other reading. The hierophant is similar to the hermit in that the hermit in that both of them are about spirituality--the hermit is about spiritual enlightenment, while the hierophant is spiritual knowledge as guidance. Maybe both of them are saying the same thing--information gained through the divine or intuition.

Your take is very interesting :) I am very spiritual (yep tarot!) so I am gaining some info by meditation and thinking I guess. Yes, the hierophant and the hermit are quite spiritual. However, I feel a change in energy when getting the hermit a month ago to clarify the 8 of wands and now the hierophant to clarify the same card (o maybe I am not enough objective)?

Perhaps YOU need to follow your intuition and contact HIM quickly.

I feel that I can't do that...he was the one who left when things developed very quickly. Deep down, I know that it is better to wait and see (even if nothing happen). I don't want to force things.

Thanks again, you truly helped my understanding