Judgement and Two of Pentacles

stargurl

When I do readings for a potential love interest, I kept getting this card combination and I am not sure of the meaning.

I look at these cards as a karma connection as Judgement was known as karma and the two of pentacles have a green infinite eight symbol on the card meaning a karma connection.

I guess if the card switch places, it could mean someone who is balancing two many things and has a coming to God moment to pick what is worth juggling for or not.

I would like to hear of other interpretations.

Grizabella

I'm surprised if karma was mentioned in the old cards. Are you sure? I thought they were just based on Christian traits and values in the beginning.

The "figure eight" symbol you mention is a lemniscate and I think it's a mathematical symbol. Here's a link you might find interesting: Lemniscate

Maybe your cards are telling you that there's more to this person than meets the eye and you need to proceed with eyes wide open in order to decide what place a relationship with him should hold---or not hold---in your life.

intuitivetarot

Ahhh yes! I'm so glad you posted about Judgement because I've been trying to (re)familiarize myself with this energy for the past few days! :) I don't want to jump the gun with Judgement, but 2/Pentacles is about trying to balance finances or your health or material wealth. Money could be allocated to one bill from one paycheck and another bill from the next paycheck. There's no stability; there's no stable income. It could also mean needing to sharpen one's skills, especially if you have swords and/or cups cards around. If this is applying to a love reading, then I would say this person doesn't have the resources to maintain a stable relationship. Or financial pressures getting in the way of a (possible) relationship. What was your question when reading the cards? Also, is there someone else involved? I want to say "paying your dues" to more than one person; or maybe not giving or sharing enough with someone?

rwcarter

When I do readings for a potential love interest, I kept getting this card combination and I am not sure of the meaning.
Are you asking about a specific person or some nebulous future partner of whom you're currently not aware?

If the latter, then in the context of a relationship, I'd say that Judgement is saying that you'll get back from the relationship what you put into it. While I think the 2P suggests that you should focus on someone who balances you. Also note that Judgement and the 2P are related in that they are both 2s.

Rodney

stargurl

@Grizabella: The deck I use is Hanson Robert and in the Witch's tarot, it is named Karma so that Is I linked the two words.

Now looking at the meaning of the eight symbol, I see it as crossing paths.

stargurl

@intutitivetarot: When you said about financial resources, you hit the nail on the head. You are your namesake.

I did a Celtic cross spread asking about the potential of a romantic relationship with him. Here is the link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=249110

The financial resources reminds me of a phone call and voicemail he left for me and when I last heard from him. It was on Valentine's Day five years ago and on the voicemail, he mentioned that he wish he could buy me flowers but I never question him about money.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

stargurl, per the forum Posting Rules, you need to provide interpretations for all cards you list, even if you don't want to discuss them. Please edit your last post to either provide interpretations or remove those cards you added.

stargurl

@rwcarter: That is an interesting interpretation. I am asking about a specific person. So in the question when I ask about how the relationship will work, it is saying in order to get what I want, I have to give in return?

Also, I have edited my last post per your request.

rwcarter

@rwcarter: That is an interesting interpretation. I am asking about a specific person. So in the question when I ask about how the relationship will work, it is saying in order to get what I want, I have to give in return?
I'd be more likely to say that you have to put into the relationship what you want to get out of it.