2 Swords and love

elena_jaymz

It's a stalemate until your future partner makes a move. This card shows up for me when someone needs to not push things and stay in a holding pattern for the other half of the party to show up.

Hi MissNine, thanks, but do you mean here? Just waiting for the right guy to come?

MissNine

Hi MissNine, thanks, but do you mean here? Just waiting for the right guy to come?

It means youre stuck...at a standstill....until the other party makes a move.

So the most positive thing to do is be patient until the Berlin Wall falls and you get unstuck. It's ok to let the other take the lead.

elena_jaymz

It means youre stuck...at a standstill....until the other party makes a move.

So the most positive thing to do is be patient until the Berlin Wall falls and you get unstuck. It's ok to let the other take the lead.

I like this Berlin Wall metaphor :D
Yes, I need to be patient, thank you!

Laurelle

Hi guys, I got the 2 Swords as the most positive thing I can do in the next months to find a suitable partner.
I'm not sure about its meaning, but what comes to my mind is the need to make a decision, but actually I'm dating none now, that is I don't have to choose between two men at the moment.
I read it may also point to the need to find inner happiness before looking for love, which actually makes sense in my case.

Since I find this card very hard to understand, I draw two clarifiers and got King of Cups and 8 Pents.

I think the King says I need to start visualizing the type of relationship I want, because the more clear I become, the better the chance I'll meet my ideal mate. He says it’s also important to really listen to my own needs and emotions.
For what concerns the 8 Pents, probably it shows there's always something to learn, even in love, that is I still have to learn a lot in love department, so I don't have to be discouraged if I did mistakes in the past.

This is not a whole reading.

What do you think?
Thanks.

Maybe it's saying to stay aloof and unavailable. Perhaps you want a relationship so badly that you are putting out obsessive vibes, which can put people off in the beginning of a relationship. Perhaps the 2 of Swords is saying to keep your heart guarded for right now. If you meet someone don't let them know that you are into them right away. That is also what the KoC does. He keeps everything under control, all his emotions are stable and even though his emotions are there, they aren't showing. The 8 of Pentacles also clarifies the idea of focusing on your own thing right now instead of focusing on potential relationships.

So keep it cool and in control.

Scorpiest

They say that 'love is blind'. As advice I would say the Two of Swords suggests the opposite. 'Be blinded' by love. Be open to positive energies and vibes. Don't rule someone else based upon first impressions. I know I might sound contradictory, but I think this is a tricky card to read. It could also be a caution to be discriminating. I think the interpretation would depend on sitter's current attitude regarding relationships.

elena_jaymz

Maybe it's saying to stay aloof and unavailable. Perhaps you want a relationship so badly that you are putting out obsessive vibes, which can put people off in the beginning of a relationship. Perhaps the 2 of Swords is saying to keep your heart guarded for right now. If you meet someone don't let them know that you are into them right away. That is also what the KoC does. He keeps everything under control, all his emotions are stable and even though his emotions are there, they aren't showing. The 8 of Pentacles also clarifies the idea of focusing on your own thing right now instead of focusing on potential relationships.

So keep it cool and in control.

Thank you Laurelle.
I thought about such message too, focusing on what I have to do, or just live my life :D, rather than overthinking relationships and love... It makes sense.

elena_jaymz

They say that 'love is blind'. As advice I would say the Two of Swords suggests the opposite. 'Be blinded' by love. Be open to positive energies and vibes. Don't rule someone else based upon first impressions. I know I might sound contradictory, but I think this is a tricky card to read. It could also be a caution to be discriminating. I think the interpretation would depend on sitter's current attitude regarding relationships.

Thank you Scorpiest, yes, this card is a tricky one.
Probably it says I should think positive and above all not to close my heart in fear, that is to find a sort of a balance between thoughts and feelings, neither give my heart easily away, nor close it totally.