Justice....who is she really, and why does she wear a blindfold ?

Thirteen

there are female judges

then basing their decision on what they believe in their head is the right thing to do
Not what the right thing to do is, but what the evidence says they should do. If someone says to your friend "she took my watch!" and you say "No I didn't. Tell her I'm innocent." But your friend has seen you wearing that watch...is your friend supposed to ignore that very clear evidence and say, "of course she's innocent"? I mean, yes, she probably thinks it's "right" to judge by the evidence, but she's not saying it because she knows you sometimes steal. She's saying it because there are concrete FACTS that put you in the wrong and the other person in the right. And she just can't ignore those facts, not even for the sake of friendship.

Does that make sense?
I was asking about the "Female" because you know how it is, someone who is going to be judging someone in something to do with Law, you would think it would be a Male who had this role
:confused: I grew up with television shows called "Judge Judy" where there'd be a judge making decisions in minor cases (like whether a landlord owed a tenant money, or the tenant owed the landlord money). There were two or three such shows and the judge was always female. I've watched the news and seen famous cases being judged by women. I've a female cousin who is a judge. And I live in a country with three female supreme court justices. I see you're from England and I know there are female judges there...so, why think that if the situation has to do with Law, the person dispensing justice is going to be male? :confused:

Thirteen

Sticking with the "love is blind" theme
Love is blind means we only go with with we feel, that being love. So, our feelings guide us. Justice is blind means we "hear" or weigh our judgement according to the facts only. So, our intellect guides us.

In both cases, Love/Justice being blind may be a good thing or not. It's good when we're loved even if we're not physically beautiful or always perfect--the person is blind to our little flaws, as it were. But it's not good if our love blinds us to really big flaws, like the person we love isn't worthy of our love, or is doing terrible things to others. That sort of love blindness can keep us trapped in a bad situation or even make us enablers, helping that person to get away with the terrible things they do.

In Justice, it's a very good thing for the judge to ignore that one person is poor the other is rich, or what they look like, and just focus on the facts. But this blindness can also lead to the judge lacking mercy or leniency. A poor person stealing out of desperation is not the same as a rich person stealing out of greed. Both stole and might be judged equally guilty by blind Justice. But one would hope Justice would "see" the desperate person as different from the greedy person.