Vision Quest - Lovers

Soaring Eagle

Vision Quest - 6 Lovers

Description:
Two lovers stand in front of a waterfall surrounded by flowers, rocks, and two frogs. They are caught up in the power of emotions. This is a very emotional card. The lovers are caught up in their emotions. Will they, or won’t they?

Significant Details:
The lovers are embracing in front of a waterfall. Two frogs are sitting on a rock watching the lovers. The waterfall gives a sense of power to this card.

My Interpretation:
You may experience a new romantic encounter or an attraction/temptation that you may not be ready for. If it is an attraction of opposites, it will be difficult to reconcile. You need to make your decisions on the facts, not on emotions.

Please feel free to add what this card means to you.

jaj

Actually, VI Lovers is my soul card (add up the digits of your birthday and reduce them to a trump card, like April 1, 1981 would reduce to 4+1+1+9+8+1 = 24 = 2+4 = Trump 6 Lovers), and I have used this Vision Quest VI card with Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card.

Anyway, let me pull out my '21 Ways' notes and post later.

jaj

I did pull out my '21 Ways' notes this morning. Here are the phrases I liked from my notes:

-- I was surprised to find the word 'reverence' in my notes for this card, "The mood is vibrant, fresh, exciting. There is warmth and trust and perhaps love. Desire is strong. There is reverence and confidence between them. They strengthen each other" and "When I love, I hold the other in a greenhouse-like place, where the tenderest shoots can grow and thrive and find their way. There is reverence for the exquisite new growth."

-- In this card, there is a psycho-spiritual need for sensing friendship and vibrancy.

-- There is a range of meanings in this card, from hard choices and liability to trust and vibrancy and new life.

-- In the lush green flora, there is the idea that natural things usually grow slowly and imperceptibly, but the growth is apparent over time.

-- The prominent rocks suggest steadiness and surety.

It was great to revisit my notes and relearn some of the lessons there.

Soaring Eagle

I did pull out my '21 Ways' notes this morning. Here are the phrases I liked from my notes:

-- I was surprised to find the word 'reverence' in my notes for this card, "The mood is vibrant, fresh, exciting. There is warmth and trust and perhaps love. Desire is strong. There is reverence and confidence between them. They strengthen each other" and "When I love, I hold the other in a greenhouse-like place, where the tenderest shoots can grow and thrive and find their way. There is reverence for the exquisite new growth."

-- In this card, there is a psycho-spiritual need for sensing friendship and vibrancy.

-- There is a range of meanings in this card, from hard choices and liability to trust and vibrancy and new life.

-- In the lush green flora, there is the idea that natural things usually grow slowly and imperceptibly, but the growth is apparent over time.

-- The prominent rocks suggest steadiness and surety.

It was great to revisit my notes and relearn some of the lessons there.

I like how you mention that they strengthen each other, I see that too. You are also right in stating that "There is a range of meanings in this card". I completely forgot to mention the meanings for the rocks and flora. Sorry about that, but it is good that you noticed.

divinegoddess

Description: The Lovers are holding each other, looks like they could be dancing even. The sun shines in the background, there is waterfall behind the lowers, on the front four white flowers can be found and one purple, there are two frogs on the big rocks

Colors: Green, brown, white, yellow, purple

Symbols: The sun represents the beginning, the running water is a representation of constant life and its movement, the frogs (according to the Cherokee) represent renewal, fertility and springtime, flowers are a relationship to the sun

Numerology Reference: Fulfillment, Truth, Beauty, Peace, Communication, problem-solving, cooperation, balance, relaxation

Keywords*: Surrender, love in all its aspects, on all levels, platonic as well as erotic, deep merging, dissolving, homecoming, soul mate, bosom buddy

Inner message*: To be able to surrender completely, you must be at the height of your strength. Most people think only the weak surrender. But the opposite is true. You have to have the fortitude to let everything go and fall into Love itself, without expectations, without knowing whether the beloved will respond in kind or not… This can only happen with a vast and all-encompassing faith in love as such. Love is life’s most important gift. don’t let it atrophy, even though it hurts too much sometimes. The fire of love is the eye of the needle through which every human being must pass sooner or later. Whoever misses the opportunity remains unfulfilled.

Outer message*: Decide to stay faithful to the love within you. This power does not always flow toward a specific other being. There are many kinds of love. Don’t restrict yourself. Just allow your love-and-life-force to flow. This is a good time to become aware of a potential partner nearby. Learn to discern between the energies and desires you project and those you receive in return. Spiritual/emotional love and harmony can express itself sexually, but does not need to for its own fulfillment. Our sexuality is a marvelous gift from nature, not just to preserrve the species, but also as a way to experience an intimate surrendering and melting into the divine power.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: What does the white in the flowers represent? Why is there four white flowers and one purple flower? What is the meaning behind the dominant color, green?

My Interpretation: The Lovers are surrounded by nature, they have found love, they are in love with oneself, with each other as well as with everything else around them. They have found the balance. They have found the meaning. They are in a very serene and calm place in the physical world, which has helped them find the same place from within. That is their lesson that they have learned.

*From the accompanying book, in case you can't find yours ;)