Mystical Kipper

Morwenna

I did open it and look through it, but I haven't given myself time to work with it yet. It does look fascinating! (I got 3 different oracle decks at once so my attention has been rather scattered!)

Emily

I've just ordered this deck, I've been using the original Kipper cards, in German, and wanted to see what the Mystical Kipper was like. I know it isn't completely traditional but it looks like an interesting deck and I'm getting nowhere with the Lenormands.

cirom

I met and had lunch with the german publisher of the Gilded Reverie Lenormand today. He asked if would be interested in producing a kipper deck. I'm honoured by the request, but I dont think i could do justice to the nuances of expressions and settings necessary to adequately convey the meanings of the various people cards... Certainly the original cards dont..But nevertheless an interesting collection of images.....I 'd heard of them before by hadnt really looked at the cards before today, when I was given some sample decks and followed up with some Google research.

danieljuk

Sad you are not going to make one Cirom but interesting you were asked, hopefully they are getting more popular! I love them and quite like Urban Trösch's artwork of them :) Hope some other interesting projects come your way :thumbsup:

Morwenna

Of course if you ever wanted to make a Kipper deck, Ciro, there would be plenty of people lined up for it! I adore the Gilded Reverie, and there's only one bit of artwork in it I quibble with, but you're certainly capable of showing those nuances you speak of! And beautifully too!

reall

Ciro! hope you take on this project! I need good Kipper deck! World need it to!:))
do it for the history!:))) and all the people who would like to see it!:)))

metatron3

Not that I don't lire Ciro's work but I think we all need resources on Kipper before we get under a wave of decks ( because we *all* know that's what gonna happen once Ciro make a kipper deck, just like with Lenormand ;) Suddenly plenty of students and plenty of deck too ^_^ )

I mean, I don't speak german, at all. Resources are a bit scarce ?

cirom

Well, I don't want to get into conflicts before I even start a project... I'm not sure what to make of the comment of " we all know what happens when ciro does a deck". I assume it means it may bring more awareness to this relatively unknown category, and that it may pique the curiosity of newbies and in turn stimulate others to also produce their versions of the deck ????? While that may be the case in a limited way, I hardly think I would wield such influence beyond that.. Although no doubt as in the case of Lenormand there will be those who would have preferred Kipper be left completely untouched......

All I can say is that if I do go ahead with this project, of course I would do so with my style and personal stamp.. not just do a clean up of existing imagery. The latter would not interest me personally although I'm sure that it will be done by others.... So yes there may be an upcoming influx of new Kipper decks. Whether that's good or bad, I really don't know. What I do know is that if i do it, despite my current lack of knowledge and experience with Kipper, I will invest the time to do it justice, and also be sure to coordinate with various others who are very experienced in this field. That approach is in fact already in process as part of my research before making any final commitment. The German publisher who first proposed the idea, is willing to provide considerable reference information. Whatever the final style, theme and imagery may be, I would provide a rational for the choices I'd make, and it would be supported with ample resources.

reall

it just mean it will make them *famous and well know art piece of deck everyone suddenly want to get and know using! Lolz seriously imo you should try with a sketch! portraying one of human cards? let say*good lady or something like that and see how it turn?:)) if you don’t like it than stick to your NO! And if you are happy with it try making more?!:)) in worst case scenario it should be fantastic art character/portraits painting collections! :) personally I like how your characters look! You give them that warm and bit ancient mysterious atmosphere?:))

and for the *practical oracle side of it, imo it’s close to Lenormand in a way it’s a german lenormand?!:)) / imo every country have it’s original oracle/sibbila cards?;))
so book would be similar to what you did for GL?:)))
and with all resource material provided from publisher it shouldnt be a problem?!:))
only thing you need to consider here is time you need to invest in making it? and how can you fit that into your planes and shedules?;))

p.s I wrote a book for tarot, gypsy, lenormand, kipper and I did research so I know about that! and there is truly few kipper deck and none is my taste!X/// and I would really like you to do it justice and make us one fantastic deck n book set you did with GL?:))

I’ll gladly help with meaning and interpretation or anything to see it done!:))
all best!^^ :))

cirom

Yes that is how I am approaching it. Clearly with the Kipper deck one of the key elements is its emphasis on the various "people" cards.
The interesting thing about viewing the images of a system that you are not familiar with is it allows you a fresh perspective.. The more familiar you are the less the "freshness". You already know the cards and as such the images do not have to work so hard. Kipper's various people cards intend to portray a range of emotions and social circumstances. How efficiently the current images do that is questionable. For example if you were to remove the numbers and titles, would you just based on the illustrations themselves know which was which and what they were representing? ( obviously you would if you were already familiar with the deck, but I mean as a beginners). No offense to those who love the classical German deck, but I think the current images are weak in that sense. So the question is not whether I can illustrate one person card adequately, but how I can do justice to all of them, so that they would all do a clearer job in communicating what they are supposed to represent.. I'm not sure if I can to be honest.. Not from the technical illustrative sense, but from a conceptual and contextual sence. Issues such as wealth and social status were far more definable in the past. So while the concepts remain universal and still relevant, how they are best portrayed , is what I'm chewing over before deciding.