Alchemist's Oracle

kalliope

I'm sort of glad the deck and shipping are so expensive, because I'm not likely to buy it. I think it's very pretty, and I agree with the others about the Wild Unknown-esque aesthetic. It's very appealing and tempting for that reason.

But I don't think I'd read well with it anyway, after really looking at the photos. And what I love most about the Wild Unknown is how well it reads for me. Although the cards are beautiful and the colors are vivid and striking, I don't get much emotionally out of these images the way I do with the WU, so I think it's a false connection between them on my part. There's something essential missing. (It might be the lack of light/darkness contrast & glow that is in the WU.) I don't find that all of the images mean much to me, and when they do, the keywords don't jive with what I'm getting. And I'm another who is not much interested in the chakra cards.

So, I guess it's all for the best (for me). Pity, though, because it's just so nice to look at!

Madrigal

The combination of shipping costs and similarity to WU take this one out of the running for me.

Mariqueen

I just saw this deck on tumblr recently and thought it was an oracle released by the TWU brand, unfortunately for them, this oracle deck blows their tarot deck out of the water. This is what I was hoping TWU tarot was going to be like when I received it and I was completely underwhelmed and disappointed.

Anywho, I can't wait to receive this deck.

EDIT: Everyone freaking about the pricing should read the fine print. All prices are in AUD not USD, you might want to convert the pricing, because it's significantly less that what is displayed in AUD xD

So the deck itself is a little under $39 USD and shipping comes out to $17 USD.. total is around $56 USD. You are welcome.

Nina*

I just saw this deck on tumblr recently and thought it was an oracle released by the TWU brand, unfortunately for them, this oracle deck blows their tarot deck out of the water. This is what I was hoping TWU tarot was going to be like when I received it and I was completely underwhelmed and disappointed.

Anywho, I can't wait to receive this deck.

EDIT: Everyone freaking about the pricing should read the fine print. All prices are in AUD not USD, you might want to convert the pricing, because it's significantly less that what is displayed in AUD xD

So the deck itself is a little under $39 USD and shipping comes out to $17 USD.. total is around $56 USD. You are welcome.
And you are right.
As mentioned further above this has become my favorite oracle. It is simply magnificent in every way and I use it daily.

I hope you'll love it too!

lark

Seriously considering this deck...anyone else get theirs yet?
Anymore thoughts on it....how is the card stock...any book with it?
TWU is one of my main decks now and this looks like it would be such a good companion oracle for it.
Very interested.

Madrigal

Seriously considering this deck...anyone else get theirs yet?
Anymore thoughts on it....how is the card stock...any book with it?
TWU is one of my main decks now and this looks like it would be such a good companion oracle for it.
Very interested.

Lark, I'm really on the fence with this one. On the one hand I think it would be a fab companion to the WU but when I look at online images then I think it would be like having one giant WU lol. They are so very similar no matter folks averring the opposite. And side by side I think that similarity would be even more pronounced. That could go either way when using them together. So I'm not convinced but am curious and would love to see some pics of both decks in action.

lark

Lark, I'm really on the fence with this one. On the one hand I think it would be a fab companion to the WU but when I look at online images then I think it would be like having one giant WU lol. They are so very similar no matter folks averring the opposite. And side by side I think that similarity would be even more pronounced. That could go either way when using them together. So I'm not convinced but am curious and would love to see some pics of both decks in action.

Me too...I'd like to see more pics of the deck period.
Frosts my cookies that we are supposed to shell out money for something we can't see.
But it is a style of art work I really like....from what I can see.
I have about 40 oracles decks and only use about 5 of them on a regular basis, so an art style doesn't necessarily mean it works well or has anything to say, as I have sadly discovered over the years.

My favorite work horse oracle is Earth Magic...meets everything I need in an oracle...maybe I should just count myself lucky I found that one.
But...still....I am pulled back to this one......Visa card at the ready.

Nina*

If you both go to youtube and search for Alchemist's Oracle you'll be able to watch some vidoes revealing several, if not all, cards.

Madrigal

If you both go to youtube and search for Alchemist's Oracle you'll be able to watch some vidoes revealing several, if not all, cards.

Thanks, Nina*.

lark, here is a video that shows the majority of the cards. It does, in fact, have enough difference to the WU that I'm considering it.

Nina*, I'm curious about the guidebook. Would you be willing to share the entries for Initiation, and for Expectation? It's one thing to have some beautiful art to look it but the keywords don't completely do it for me. It would be helpful to see how she interprets her own cards. If the interpretation is inspired and original that provides a great jumping off point for my own intuition along with whatever streams the images themselves yield.

Nina*

Thanks, Nina*.

lark, here is a video that shows the majority of the cards. It does, in fact, have enough difference to the WU that I'm considering it.

Nina*, I'm curious about the guidebook. Would you be willing to share the entries for Initiation, and for Expectation? It's one thing to have some beautiful art to look it but the keywords don't completely do it for me. It would be helpful to see how she interprets her own cards. If the interpretation is inspired and original that provides a great jumping off point for my own intuition along with whatever streams the images themselves yield.

You're most welcome, Madrigal! :)

And of course....

For Initiation: ''The question isn't why not start off on such a path, for you did so with the very first breath and beat of your heart. The question is do you wish to walk this path consciously or unconsciously? Initiation occurs when you commit to this adventure with an open loving heart, eyes that see through the veil of illusion and a spirit that wakefully creates...............''
She also adds crystals to each card. Here: Moonstone, Labradorite, Merlinite, Lazulite, Blue Chalcedony.

For Expectation: ''The expectations you place on yourself and others restrict and constrain. Free yourself and your relationships by releasing expectations. Expectation strangles creativity and life force, producing resentment. Approach your self, a relationship, or an activity with lightness and curiosity, discovering delightful aspects and elements of who you are through what you can contribute to it, rather than what you can get out of it...........''
Here she chose: Obsidian, Black Tourmaline, Smokey Quartz, Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz.