Empress and 9 of Pentacles Outcome

Newbs589

Hello,

I recently received the empress and nine of pentacles for a relationship outcome. I believe that the empress could represent a happy relationship. The nine of pentacles could represent indepence within the relationship. The cards were from the rider waite deck and both parties from the reading are women. Would do you all think of the empress and nine of pentacles for an outcome?

Thanks!

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Newbs589!

Were both cards meant to be read as equals or does one clarify the other?

Rodney

Newbs589

Thank you rwcarter! The cards were meant to represent the outcome of the relationship for each person.

rwcarter

Even more interesting then. So the Empress was the outcome for one person in the relationship and the 9P was the outcome for the other person?

Newbs589

Yes, correct.

rwcarter

One person will feel nurtured and loved (Empress) while the other person will feel lonely in the relationship (9P). (Sounds like the one who does all the giving won't get anything in return, at least not what that person wants. Since it's the 9P, it could be that the person is given material things but not love and affection.)

Rodney

Newbs589

That's a different interpretation. I never looked at it that way, but it is quite interesting. Everything that i have seen online makes the nine of pentacles seem like a card for someone who wants to be alone or will be alone. So i was also thinking that maybe it could represent two women who are super independent and like to kind of be in charge of things. And at the same time maintain their own interests and lives outsid of the relationship. I dont know, just some thoughts. :)

rwcarter

Unless I misunderstood you, the 9P was for one person, not for both. And the Empress was for one person, not for both. So I interpreted each card as being for one person.

the world is saved

Might it be that one woman wants to be everything to her partner, give her everything she needs, but feels that the partner is a bit too independent; and the other woman feels her partner can provide everything she needs but is a bit too 'smothering' in the relationship?

Newbs589

That's a cool interpretation the world is saved. Since I am really familiar with both women, i would say that sounds a lot like the both of them. They were together for years at first, then the woman represented by the empress moved away and they broke up. The nine of pentacles woman became quite angry and sad and kept persuing the empress anyway. Eventually the nine of pentacles woman loosened up and agreed to be friends with the empress. After some time passed the empress woman decided she wanted to be together again and tried to come back. However, now the nine of pentacles woman has been moving the relationship along very slow again due to trust issues. That is how we arrived at these cards as an outcome.