Empress and 9 of Pentacles Outcome

the world is saved

It's funny because there's a feeling of similarity in the energies of these two cards - both appreciating the physical / material / sensual aspects of life and relationships, but there's a kind of disconnect underneath it, one being all-encompassing and the other essentially independent.

Newbs589

I absolutely agree. These cards are super similar. The main difference for me is that the nine of pentacles gives off more of a masculine vibe verses the empress being super feminine.

poeticfool

I agree with 'the world is saved' -- These two cards share a lot in common. Because one is major arcana and one minor, I'd say the Empress in the relationship is thinking long-term / big-picture while the 9 of Pents is having a hard time moving past the day-to-day.

In my own readings, I tend to look at the 9 of Pents as a person accomplished in her field, independent, and at the cusp of deciding whether or not she wants to share that wealth (by "making" the family depicted in the 10 of Pents). The Empress is all about creation / sharing that wealth, so yeah, there's a basic tension here. I would say that those trust issues you mentioned need to be addressed in order for them to move forward into a fruitful relationship.

Newbs589

I would definitely say that your interpretation of the 9 of pents is spot on poeticfool. What's very interesting about that being the outcome card is that the 10 of pents came right before it in the "where is the relationship headed" portion of the spread and the empress woman received the 9 of cups.

Pique Dame

I found this thread as I was searching for 9 of Pentacles relationship threads and had to give my 2 pentacles: I see these cards as kind of a yin and yang of each other. One is the nurturing mother earth type, and the other is enjoying all that is being bestowed upon her. So we have the giver and the receiver and both appear to be happy in their respective roles. I think this will be a happy and mutually beneficial relationship for both, especially with the 10 of Pentacles appearing immediately before.

Newbs589

Pique Dame... I feel like that is the way that I read these cards as well when i first saw them in the spread. Also, a subsequent reading was done by someone else with the 9 of pentacles and 9 of cups showing up again. I think what also confused me were the cards for how the outcomes could be changed (wheel of furtune and 8 of pentacles). The couple appears to want a lot of the same things lifestyle wise too. Thanks for your input!