Tower as feelings

Dartellus

WOO! I never thought of THAT before!

Like you, Rodney I usually say the Tower is the "I am mad as Hell and I am not going to take it" card. I don't always see that as a bad thing, explosions can clear the jams and start things moving again. It depends on the context. were there other cards? what deck is it?

barb

Hi Ace!

YEah, the tower has a lot of this, i agree with you two.
Hahaha, there is no reading this time, i was just thinking about this card in this position...i never saw it in this position, only as someone sees you...sorry Ace.
But i normally use the RWS deck.

Thanks for the help!

Dartellus

The Tower can be likened to a volcano. A volcano is one of the most violent forces on Earth. It creates and destroys landscapes, affect the weather and they can even change the composition of the air. Although the inhabitants of Santorini might feel them to be slight inconveniences, they are merely the products of the blind forces affecting them. More than anything else, they remind us that below us move titanic forces that do as they will without even noticing up at all.

And so is the Tower. It basically relates to forces that have hitherto been contained until the pressures build too much... and then there is no containing them. I think people see this card as bad is because of our natural propensity to seek out stability, and change doesn't always agree with us.

But it need'nt be bad, and in fact it can often be predicted. The Tower is secrets that are kept for too long and they pop, a roof that has seen too many winters and cracked, or in the dramatic confession of a lover. The feelings related to it are usually powerful and intense, but not always anger.

The Tower is also the most male card in the deck, being attributed to Mars, and it may signify very active energies, bursts of energy, a sense of purpose and industry.

And yes, the sexual act is a good metaphor in this case, pressures mounting until there is a violent explosion.

Hi closrapexa!

I loved what you said about the tower being, somewhat, predictable.
Wonderful way of seeing the tower, as the roof cracked...fragile already.

Interesting your take in the as sexual, just like Rodney and Ace...i'm starting to see this more and more in a sexual act as well.

Thanks for the comments and the insights.

Dartellus

As feelings the Tower holds something that will change how you see this person. Their feelings are not what you expect. They know things will change when you find out, things may get explosive, either your hopes and dreams, or a nightmare. The Tower holds a lot of drama. Keep your eyes and ears open for signs, the tower cannot hold secrets for very long.

Hi PAMUYA!

Hummm, mystery! Loved!

But i loved the way you putted this "mystery", an explosive one.
So, this person feels that when the querent know their feelings things will change dramatically.
Very interesting, so this person might be bursting about something regarding feelings.

What a pity, that this is not a card regarding a reading...i would love to see the outcome of this card. :laugh:

Thanks a lot for the insight!

AnemoneRosie

Do you ever feel completely chaotic and out of control? As though if one tiny change were made every single thing would go wrong?
That's the tower.

Sirena84

I recently have had a very personal experience with this card and it turns out in the end it was actually great.. and to be honest this is not the first time when I had a positive experience with this card even if things seemed bad at first..

On Sunday after having another amazing weekend with my man, he left to his house, but he sent me a message half an hour later saying we need to talk.. he came back to my house tears rolling down his face and he said that we need to end this after 5 months as he is scared that he is going to hurt me etc.. when he was talking I gathered that he had made a whole lot of assumption on what I thought and based on those he had built a lot of anxieties in the past few weeks and never talked about them and hence on Sunday it all came flooding.. we never argue about little things and we always laugh and we are actually great together, so we decided to remain friends and see how things go..

when he left I did a reading to see what will be his next action towards me.. well it came as Tower.. I initially read it as what has actually happened , like him bursting like a volcano and crying etc..

But that night I had a message from him saying he feels like he has made a huge mistake and he likes to see me and talk.. we saw each other last night, and what he said made that TOWER card clear for me as his next action:

he said that he thought about me the whole day after he left me on Sunday, and he realised that he cared for me and loved me a lot and couldn't be without me..

So here the tower meant that AHA moment.. after he did what he thought was initially the right thing to do and what he thought he wanted, he went home and realised that he has strong feelings for me..

I hope this helps :)

Dartellus

Do you ever feel completely chaotic and out of control? As though if one tiny change were made every single thing would go wrong?
That's the tower.

Hi AnemoneRosie!

Hummm, interesting view...i never thought the tower like that. So in feelings, the person has out of control feelings towards the other person? Almost exploding...

Thanks for the help!

Dartellus

I recently have had a very personal experience with this card and it turns out in the end it was actually great.. and to be honest this is not the first time when I had a positive experience with this card even if things seemed bad at first..

On Sunday after having another amazing weekend with my man, he left to his house, but he sent me a message half an hour later saying we need to talk.. he came back to my house tears rolling down his face and he said that we need to end this after 5 months as he is scared that he is going to hurt me etc.. when he was talking I gathered that he had made a whole lot of assumption on what I thought and based on those he had built a lot of anxieties in the past few weeks and never talked about them and hence on Sunday it all came flooding.. we never argue about little things and we always laugh and we are actually great together, so we decided to remain friends and see how things go..

when he left I did a reading to see what will be his next action towards me.. well it came as Tower.. I initially read it as what has actually happened , like him bursting like a volcano and crying etc..

But that night I had a message from him saying he feels like he has made a huge mistake and he likes to see me and talk.. we saw each other last night, and what he said made that TOWER card clear for me as his next action:

he said that he thought about me the whole day after he left me on Sunday, and he realised that he cared for me and loved me a lot and couldn't be without me..

So here the tower meant that AHA moment.. after he did what he thought was initially the right thing to do and what he thought he wanted, he went home and realised that he has strong feelings for me..

I hope this helps :)

Hi Sirena84!

Whoah, what a great "AHA" situation that you described here. Yeah, it helped a lot...now it's even more clear. The explosion of the feelings, great story describing that.

Thanks a lot for the insight and for sharing the story, it really helped.

Sirena84

Hi Sirena84!

Whoah, what a great "AHA" situation that you described here. Yeah, it helped a lot...now it's even more clear. The explosion of the feelings, great story describing that.

Thanks a lot for the insight and for sharing the story, it really helped.

Yes it was... I thought about it more,because in terms of learning the card, this has been quite interesting for me too.. it wasn't so interesting at the time..

I think sometimes the Tower is needed.. To shake us from our previous thoughts and beliefs and rearrange all into balance.. In my case the balance was restored within the same relationship, but sometimes we find balance elsewhere...

in this particular situation I think the tower that I pulled, perhaps was indicative of what had already happened and what was to come as a result... The fact is that he left my house on Sunday morning perfectly happy and we were laughing and for him to come back half an hour later crying and raising all his fears and thoughts that he had bottled up was a huge shock for me indeed..

And then him coming back to me again after all that saying he made a huge mistake and that he loves me and he sees me as his girlfriend (which he said for the first time) was also a huge shock..

All did rip my false reality and made me look at all from a different point of view.. I also have to say that although he has come back and he has told me all the nice things, it has certainly changed something for me.. I am definitely more careful and think about what I say and do with him at the moment.. so that tower moment has certainly changed my perception of the whole thing for now..

I find that in this particular situation, that Tower card that I pulled, applies in so many different layers.. from his explosive moment and tears and ending us based on his fears that he may not be good for me out of the blue, to him coming back and saying he loves me and he made a mistake, and how I feel now and my internal workings at the moment...

This certainly brings to light that Tarot is a very in depth and complex tool, and is so multi layered and multi dimensional and how one card in one situation can refer to so many different layers and aspects.. and really sometimes pulling one card is more than enough to describe what happened, what is to come and what is happening with two people in a situation.. xx

Sirena84

Sorry if this may seem off tangent from the rest of the thread but thought maybe help to see how Tower as sudden as it may seem, it is actually connected to series of events before it and also the fact that it does progress naturally from the Devil stage...

In terms of natural progression of the major cards by the way.. my relationship, did follow through some of the cards..

wheel (a sudden turn of events, when he kissed me out of the blue when out with friends), strength (friends with benefits), hanged man (time when things slowed down and it was in that time when it could have gone both ways, either ending this or moving forward to the next phase) , death (changing into something more), I literally felt when this phase came and it was a difficult one too.. temperance (time of harmony and being blissfully together), devil(this phase I think refers to an accident we had a possible pregnancy. here we both felt that we would be trapped if that were to happen.. but he also said that he would stay with me through it all), and then on Sunday the Tower (I feel his explosions also came from the pressures we both felt during the time when we thought we were going to give up our dreams and look after a baby, haha)

so Tower really did follow the devil.. also the relationship is quite solid now, and I am his first proper Girlfriend and he got very scared of how strongly he feels towards me.. so the tower was a way of trying to break from those bonds.. and try to free himself of the fears that he may let me down etc... But he did come back realising that he made a mistake.. But I feel that he feels less pressure as when he came back on Monday it was his decision and noone forced him to.. in fact when he was finishing it, I told him that I respect his decision and was willing to go back to being just platonic friends etc..

I do feel that the TOWER does follow into Star.. I think at least for us its coming..

Dartellus

Sorry if this may seem off tangent from the rest of the thread but thought maybe help to see how Tower as sudden as it may seem, it is actually connected to series of events before it and also the fact that it does progress naturally from the Devil stage...

In terms of natural progression of the major cards by the way.. my relationship, did follow through some of the cards..

wheel (a sudden turn of events, when he kissed me out of the blue when out with friends), strength (friends with benefits), hanged man (time when things slowed down and it was in that time when it could have gone both ways, either ending this or moving forward to the next phase) , death (changing into something more), I literally felt when this phase came and it was a difficult one too.. temperance (time of harmony and being blissfully together), devil(this phase I think refers to an accident we had a possible pregnancy. here we both felt that we would be trapped if that were to happen.. but he also said that he would stay with me through it all), and then on Sunday the Tower (I feel his explosions also came from the pressures we both felt during the time when we thought we were going to give up our dreams and look after a baby, haha)

so Tower really did follow the devil.. also the relationship is quite solid now, and I am his first proper Girlfriend and he got very scared of how strongly he feels towards me.. so the tower was a way of trying to break from those bonds.. and try to free himself of the fears that he may let me down etc... But he did come back realising that he made a mistake.. But I feel that he feels less pressure as when he came back on Monday it was his decision and noone forced him to.. in fact when he was finishing it, I told him that I respect his decision and was willing to go back to being just platonic friends etc..

I do feel that the TOWER does follow into Star.. I think at least for us its coming..

Hi Sirena84!

No, there is no problem about you sharing the story regarding the tower. :)
Actually, i think that the best way to make a point in the readings is telling the story behind it.

Very interesting the insight that you said, like other readers, about the Devil.
But it was very interesting the path through the cards until were you two reached today...i really liked.

Specially with the next step, the Star.

Thanks for the great insight!