Moon and The Hierophant love outcome

Wheeler5

In a recent love reading I did for myself, I received these two cards as the outcome. My current situation with my boyfriend as been on and off again for a while. When I saw these two cards in the outcome position of my spread I was a little confused. The moon to me is about secrets and delusions, so not all appearing as it seems on the surface. For my particular situation I am not sure if i should read it as good or bad because I have seen it point to bad endings, fears, and insecurities. The hierophant in this position as me totally confused when paired with the moon because I've see this card as representing commitment that will make you feel secure. The Hierophant to me represents structure and security so these two seem to kind of contradict each other. Just a little background on my situation, while my BF and I were taking a break, he did get involved with someone temporarily. He claims that he is not longer seeing her but there are still some trust issues between us. Any advice on how to read them together in a love outcome position would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

emilygrace

In a recent love reading I did for myself, I received these two cards as the outcome. My current situation with my boyfriend as been on and off again for a while. When I saw these two cards in the outcome position of my spread I was a little confused. The moon to me is about secrets and delusions, so not all appearing as it seems on the surface. For my particular situation I am not sure if i should read it as good or bad because I have seen it point to bad endings, fears, and insecurities. The hierophant in this position as me totally confused when paired with the moon because I've see this card as representing commitment that will make you feel secure. The Hierophant to me represents structure and security so these two seem to kind of contradict each other. Just a little background on my situation, while my BF and I were taking a break, he did get involved with someone temporarily. He claims that he is not longer seeing her but there are still some trust issues between us. Any advice on how to read them together in a love outcome position would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

The Hierophant can also mean that things will stay how they are or that they will be how your boyfriend wants them to be (as this is a male dominance card like the Emperor). I think this combined with the moon suggests that your relationship may continue the tradition of being on and off again and that it may make you feel a bit insecure. But that's just one of many takes.

PAMUYA

Run.... there are things you do not see or want to see. Even if there is a commitment, this person will continue in their ways. Some read the Moon as a romance card, personally I do not. The Moon is not where you want a relationship to be. Way back in my parents day, some women would put up with infidelities, it all depends on what you are willing to put up with. Some will turn a blind eye (moon) in marriage/relationship/partner (Hierophant).

emilygrace

Yeah, I'm with Pamuya in that I'm not getting the best feelings from this, especially after reading the background information you provided.

TheLovers

The chariot reversed and career rejection

Was try g to reply to this thread and make another. Apologies for the subject line.

I feel that the moon means that you are not trusting your intuition. Yes you will be together and perhaps even married (hierophant) but something is off. There is a fear behind the commitment, as if if one or both of you are settling or using one another as a safety and comfort zone rather than a place of true love.

Michael Sternbach

I think that The Moon is simply reflecting the fears, insecurities and confusion the two of you have regarding this relationship. The Hierophant could show a (possible) future of learning and maturing from it.

LeFou

Moon represents Yin, matriarchy, the Goddess and (let's say) a "feminine agenda."

Pope of course is Yang, patriarchy, "solar" (rules, reason, rationality), and (let's say) a "masculine agenda."

One way to see this is that you might want to make your relationship "official" (i.e., marriage) but you're not sure "this is the one" (understandable of course).

Another way to see it is the classic female/male power struggle, as it sounds like there's something that you're not getting from the relationship (you mention security vs. fear) and so presumably, there's also something he's not getting.

In any case, as an "outcome," it's neither optimistic nor pessimistic -- every relationship has to navigate this terrain (perhaps more than once).