Career/job rejectin and the chariot reversed

TheLovers

I thought I had done really great in an interview but didn't make it to the next step, which is a second interview. I asked my cards why and drew one card--the chariot reversed.

I have a totally different degree than the field I am (degree is creative, field is health services) but I have a decade of experience in this field. I didn't feel like it would hold me back since I have lots of experience, but maybe the chariot reversed shows the interviewer that :

I am out of control or "aimless" in my career.

If this is the case, i feel that's pretty ignorant because my creative degree allows me to think out of the box and solve problems.

Plus I have tons of experience so it really shouldn't matter. Maybe I sounded too eager and was too aggressive? Could this be a card of discrimination? Maybe appearance or background or a slight disability I have ( doesn't stop me at all). Any ideas how this card can read for career/interview rejection?

Hollyfringe

could you live very far form the job? ( chariot rx suggests no vehicle)

possibly they feel you do not have the skills to manage a number of tasks, balance them?

(edit) something i just thought of, maybe it was a management position which had red tape attached to it which involved the right credentials.

At any rate, I'd ask a question to the tarot which empowers you, as in 'what would this job have looked like if i had got it', this will let you know whether it was right for you or not, or 'how should i be taking this rejection' which will further your insight into whether it was indeed the right path for you.

Best of luck! I know how it feel by the by, professional job hunter here :/
Holly

LeFou

Maybe I sounded too eager...

If I were reading, I would read it that way. Chariot can hint at being eager for "victory" and thus may appear to have something to prove. The opposite would be to exude a quiet, confident, gentle "neutrality" that has no desire, no agenda, no opinion, no attachment.

Sharla

I would see this as you need to accept that things can't always go your way and that things aren't always within your control.

TheLovers

could you live very far form the job? ( chariot rx suggests no vehicle)

possibly they feel you do not have the skills to manage a number of tasks, balance them?

(edit) something i just thought of, maybe it was a management position which had red tape attached to it which involved the right credentials.

At any rate, I'd ask a question to the tarot which empowers you, as in 'what would this job have looked like if i had got it', this will let you know whether it was right for you or not, or 'how should i be taking this rejection' which will further your insight into whether it was indeed the right path for you.

Best of luck! I know how it feel by the by, professional job hunter here :/
Holly

Thank you. I suppose I'll never really know what they saw or didn't see in me, but I will ask more empowering questions.

TheLovers

If I were reading, I would read it that way. Chariot can hint at being eager for "victory" and thus may appear to have something to prove. The opposite would be to exude a quiet, confident, gentle "neutrality" that has no desire, no agenda, no opinion, no attachment.

I think maybe this was exactly what happened. Way too eager to "win" to the point where it didn't come off confidently.

TheLovers

I would see this as you need to accept that things can't always go your way and that things aren't always within your control.

I don't take it this way at all but thank you. It's quite obvious things can't always go my way because I've been struggling for nearly a year to find work. I'm grateful for any opportunity I can get to prove that I can be a valuable part of a team. As far as things not being in my control, that's also been something I'm aware of, especially over the last year. A message like this would probably be for someone who is used to being in control or used to victory. I on the other hand need to pump myself up for victory, and I believed I tried way too hard. Or they just didn't see it in me. Back to the drawing board I suppose.